Mesa Dual Recto Solo 100 Lost my 3rd Channel! HELP!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonestarlove

Reaction score
Hi Guys - I have a Solo 100 and channel 1 and 2 are amazing as they always have been, everything on the amp is functioning normal but my 3 rd channel lost its "Bottom End" and now its just "Fizz" right now.

I have checked every preamp tube (replacing each one at a time) NO IMPROVEMENT

I have done the same with the Power amp tubes too NO IMPROVEMENT

I have done the same with the two Rectifier tubes NO IMPROVEMENT :?:

All the Electrolytic s checked and are all within spec.

Has anyone here had any similar experiences?

Should I be reading voltages on preamp tubes? What should they read?

Thanks a bunch!!

https://warpedmusician.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/boogie_dualrectifier_3ch_solo_head.pdf

The schem has the values listed for voltages on the tubes. And, yes, there should be voltages; DC for bias, AC for signal. Maybe, check the pots for failure. If it's just fizz, it might be the treble pot. Treble and bass off and mid full should be a flat EQ, if it doesn't change the sound, something is up.

I'm curious to know what happened with this.

I just got a new Dual Rec last month and it sounded good. Then yesterday right before a first gig with a new band (the reason I got the amp), Channel 3 turned into fizz and high end. I had to leave it home and bring something else. So frustrated!

Anyway, tubes all look good but I know that doesn't always tell the story. I'm guessing I'll have to take it into a Mesa repair center but who else has run into a similar issue with one channel going toast?

Phil M said:
I'm curious to know what happened with this.

I just got a new Dual Rec last month and it sounded good. Then yesterday right before a first gig with a new band (the reason I got the amp), Channel 3 turned into fizz and high end. I had to leave it home and bring something else. So frustrated!

Anyway, tubes all look good but I know that doesn't always tell the story. I'm guessing I'll have to take it into a Mesa repair center but who else has run into a similar issue with one channel going toast?

Phil, did you ever take your dual to a tech? and if so, what was the diagnosis?

Hello,

I have a very similar problem with Channel 3 on my Dual Recto Reborn Multiwatt.

It is 50% quieter than Channel 1 and 2, and sounds awful!

Channels 1 and 2 are sounding and functioning perfectly.

I have tested and swapped out all tubes with brand new Mesa Boogie branded tubes.

Anyone found a solution for this?

Thank you,

Adam

Latest posts

Back