Mesa Boogie Road King 2 channel 1 issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buglite69

Reaction score
I have a RK 2 with static issues in channel 1 only. While playing the first channel for a random amount of time suddenly I get what I would best describe as a static storm roll through. It’s medium in intensity then like a thunderstorm lightning Strike then back to medium intensity for anywhere from a couple of seconds up to several minutes. Most of the time it stops but comes back again and again at random intervals.

I have replaced all tubes, reverb tank and it’s connecting wires, and the gain, treble and reverb pots on channel 1 but no luck in the fix.

Any suggestions? Thanks

All tubes including Power tubes and Rectifier tubes?

Rectifier tubes even if you are using silicon diode tracking can still create issue if they are worn or not behaving properly. Keep in mind they are still active and running parallel to the series of diodes used to bypass them. You can safely remove them if using silicon diode tracking as a diagnostic.

Power tubes can do this too. Had a very similar issue with the JP2C when I wanted to try out another 6L6 Variant. First thought it was a preamp tube until after I replaced them. Noise was persistent and remained unchanged until I replaced the new tubes with the old one's. Perhaps the plate voltage was a bit much for the new tubes or they were not properly selected or sorted and I got bad one's. They were not Mesa tested tubes but TheTubeStore Preferred Series 6L6 tubes that were supposed to be the same as the TAD 6L6STR. Not.

Back