Mesa Boogie mark III tips & tricks

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mesaboogie6L6 said:
Try using the lead and rythm channels at the same time, sometimes I use it for a subtle lead boost.

Subtle, but very important. I always have R2 engaged when I'm on the Lead channel. 8)

I get a lot of extra noise when using 'bright' (volume pull) on drive channel, is that normal?
If I change v2 and v4 (reverb and fx loop) preamp tubes, will it have any effect on tone?

Seanboy said:
Markedman said:
Try using the lead and rythm channels at the same time, sometimes I use it for a subtle lead boost.

How can I do this? WTF? I've used a jumper on my Marshall to combine channels, but how do I do this on a Mark III? I am clueless as to how I could combine two channels!

Pull the rhythm 2 knob and the lead knob, it will give you a little more gain, and a little more kick!
MkIII Renegade said:
mesaboogie6L6 said:

Subtle, but very important. I always have R2 engaged when I'm on the Lead channel. 8)

Astonishing, I've also observed to have slightly more gain and kick in the LEAD mode when additionally pulled Rythm 2.................

The cocktail from Dougs Tubes is a good starting point.
Without the R2 mod - it's really a two channel amp.

Latest posts

Back