Mesa Boogie Factory Tour (pics inside)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie

Reaction score
Well since we are only a hop, skip and a jump away from Petaluma we went up there for the Mesa Boogie factory tour for my birthday on Monday. It was pretty short... but it was pretty awesome to see all of those amplifiers and cabinets being made. I certainly wasn't expecting a small boutique shop or anything but I was surprised by the sheer number of amps and cabs that were in the shop. One of the coolest things was their wave soldering machine - it took about 15 seconds for this thing to do what takes me weeks!

Anyway here are some pics:

mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3.jpg

mb4.jpg

mb5.jpg

mb6.jpg

mb7.jpg

Ha! Did you see? Did you see? No Mark IV's in the pictures! I'm starting to believe they were all just a weird hallucination. **** amp!

Did you see them being made while on the tour?

clutch71 said:
Ha! Did you see? Did you see? No Mark IV's in the pictures! I'm starting to believe they were all just a weird hallucination. **** amp!

Not sure if I completely understand your comment, but...

Mesa will make amps in batches - meaning for a few weeks they will only make Rectifiers, then they will make Mark IV's, then the will make... etc.

Since they are a small company, this is the way to do it since it maximizes their efficiency.

zeeman

zeeman said:
clutch71 said:

Not sure if I completely understand your comment, but...

Mesa will make amps in batches - meaning for a few weeks they will only make Rectifiers, then they will make Mark IV's, then the will make... etc.

Since they are a small company, this is the way to do it since it maximizes their efficiency.

zeeman

I'm just Joking. I've been wanting to play one for a year! Everything else I've wanted to play I've found. Except for this...one...silly..."production"...amp. The closest I've come is Platy inviting me to play his if I make it out to CHi Town.

clutch71 said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure I did. Unless *maybe* they were there getting repaired or something.

hey user:charlie, how did you get this tour?, im going to sonoma for a couple of weeks next year, it would kick some major *** to do a factory tour while i was there

Are they throwing out all those Roadster circuit boards in the black recycle bin? LOL

Did you see any flaming maple cabinets with custom ash tray holes cut outs? They're rare!

On a serious note....

I'd love to do that tour one day.... very cool.

SWEET!! Thanks for posting those! I can't believe they let you take pics in their factory. It's nice to see where my Stiletto was born 8)

kiai_lee said:
hey user:charlie, how did you get this tour?, im going to sonoma for a couple of weeks next year, it would kick some major *** to do a factory tour while i was there

Just email them and let them know you would like to stop by for the tour.

JOEY B. said:
That is MY hardwood head cab and thiele in the photo. It won't be long now, dammit. :twisted:

haha that's cool man!

I can't wait to get out there one day, and see that place for myself.....Great pics man, and happy belated birthday buddy!

-AJH

I'm curious, do they test out every piece of equipment before they give it the okay? I know car manufacturers run the cars for like 15 minutes once they come off of the line but I'm not sure if amp manufacturers do the same so i'm curious...

Back