Mesa Boogie DragonSlayer Amps: a new amp to come?????????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
I read that over on HCAF, but sometimes you don't know if they're pulling your leg or not. Anyone hear of it?

Here's what the post-ie had to say:

Some of you guys were asking about Mesa's new line of amps. They are supposedly going to replace the Dual Rectifier line, with the exception of the Road King. Essentially, these amps are hybrids of popular Mesa amps.

DragonSlayer - Dragon's Breath (or Mesa DB)
100w 4x EL34 or 6L6 selection
DragonSlayer - Dragon's Smoke (or Mesa DS)
35w-50w 2x EL84 or 6L6

3 individual channels with seperate EQ.
White channel - Lonestar-like cleans
Blue Channel - A fusion of the Mark and Rectifier orange channel
Red Channel - A new Mesa tone that can be best described as a tighter, grittier Rectifier lead, with hints of the IIC+ lead.

Added features: 20db footswitchable boost for solos, channel selection on footswitch, Parallel FX loop, 4,8,16 ohm selection, tone shaping toggles for each channel (fat or bright, mid cut for red.)

Preliminary logo briefly on website before taken down.

Here's a link to the post (has a supposid logo pic too). http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=16616637

It doesn't sound right, I can't see them getting rid of the rectifier line.

Uh, yeah, gonna have to call BS on this one. :?

I don't think that Mesa would get rid of their flagship line of amps. If anything, they might come out with a "Series II" line of Recto's with some newer features.

That's all speculation. I would wait until NAMM '07 before I held my breath on any new Mesa products. That guy didn't mention his source either (if he even has one).

Oh well, it's fun to think about what's coming next. :D

nice concept for a dream amp. but im calling BS as of now. i think we all know that mesa has no need or reason to even think about replacing the rectifier line yet.
still... its sounds drooltastic (white channel-awesome!)

Guitarzan said:
I'm going to Summer NAMM in July, I'll let everyone know if there's any truth to this.

Sweet! I went to my first NAMM show this year in Aneheim. I got the hook-up from the owner of a local music shop that I know. Good times for sure!

Let us know what's new and cool when you get back!

Latest posts

Back