Medium gain old school tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scary

Reaction score
The crunch mode in channel 2 is quite good on it's own, but it's alot more clear that what we hear on those old recordings. I've been experimenting with channel 1's Tweed mode with a BB preamp in front. It adds a layer of smoothness (I keep the gain at 9 or so) yet the highs still cut. Smoky and clear, sounds very good to my ears. I'd like to get a Big Muff Pi and see how that sounds!

Anyone here been going for the vintage vibe and care to share their experience?

yes..I get off on tweed/10 watt/variac-either drivin' the power section to hell by **** near dimin' the gain and chan master, or easin' back and putting a Fulltone Fulldrive in front..also fun to do with chan 2 as well..lower gain settings on mk 1 or crunch

lesterpaul said:
yes..I get off on tweed/10 watt/variac-either drivin' the power section to hell by **** near dimin' the gain and chan master, or easin' back and putting a Fulltone Fulldrive in front..also fun to do with chan 2 as well..lower gain settings on mk 1 or crunch

I've tried the bb preamp in the crunch mode but not with the Mk 1 yet. Good idea! :idea: I vote for longer days, with less to do so I can tweak and practice to oblivion!

Earlier I used the boost on my Morley Volume/Wah... that sounded sweeeet! Just a little extra drive and the highs introduced really brought out the harmonics and the voice of the wah. Good times.

Latest posts

Back