Maxon OD808 vs. Fullton OCD (The Video)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluff191

Reaction score
Here it is. I was shocked at how similar the pedals sound. Can't decide if I should go buy a Maxon again just have around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4m_m-Szqw

All the amp settings and mic placement were identical. I just recorded one right after the other. Volume Full, Gain at Zero, tone at noon.

Yeap, sounds good! IME the OD808 makes it tighter but the OCD makes it ballsier.

Yeah I really like both. The Maxon has a slight midrange bump but the Fulltone has some upper lows that feel nice.

I know what you mean. I'd personally take the OCD (even though I just sold mine) because of how sturdy it's built - the OD808 feels like a paperweight by comparison.

My current favorites are the Greenhouse Middleman (fearedse reviewed one) and the Xotic BB Preamp MB - a BB preamp with an added upper midrange boost knob.

They really are close but I give the slight nod to the Maxon.
It sits just a tad better with the voicing of the 2ch Rectos, maybe because of it's lower voiced mid range bump.

Good shootout, brotha.

They're so close.
The Maxon definitely bites a bit more, while the OCD seems a tad smoother/compressed. At this point, not even sure which one I'd pick since they both sound really good. There's really no loss in owning one over the other ( for anyone interested in these units). I'd probably add in a BB Preamp to the mix as well.

Yeah by themselves they are pretty different, but as a boost the achieve almost the same thing. Interesting.

WOW...that is unbeliveably close!!! :lol: I could tell the difference much better in person when I had both of these with my roadster. I honestly use to tend use the OCD more just because it wouldn't kill the lowend plus with the HP setting on it, it would bump the mids up nicely. Although....I would use either my maxon or a Fulldrive 2 quite often as well for a different flavor when I wanted it. I'm yet to try any of them with my Tremoverb but I hopefully will tomorrow. Great video Fluff and great tune!!!

I prefer my OCD over my 808. Mainly because I mostly use heavy mid voiced amps and middy V30's, so the extra mids from the 808 can get tiresome.
Great comparison dude.

Latest posts

Back