MarkV Direct recording via amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pltza

Reaction score
Dear Boogie Board Community,

im new here so i will explain a little bit about myself.
Im from a german speaking country so my english is not that good (sry for some possible grammar mistakes) and im also relatively new to mesa amps so i have no clue about anything big, just know the standard use of the amp.

So my question is:
Can i go from my MarkV(inclusive effect chain) via "tuner out" or "slave out" into my "line in" from my audio interface (m-audio fast track pro) to capture the sound of the mark v + pedals?
Or is there a better solution without spending any money?
i tried to record it with an sm57 but my room gives me a very high amount of hall, wich i dont like. (and i also DONT have a ISO-box or DI-Box)

Maybe you could help me here?
Would be nice to hear from the "Nerds" ;p
Im open for any tipps, tricks and methods i get here which i can use without spending money for that.

all the best
pltza

It works from the slave BUT firstly you will need a speaker simulator, either hardware or software. I used Guitar Rig and the VST Amp Rack in Cubase. It does work but it doesn't sound all that good to me. There is some excessive hum. I ended up buying the CabClone and have been very happy recording with it into my Focusrite 2i2 and Cubase.

Again not sure why the slave gets the hum probably because of the high level of the output. I tried turning the slave level up and down etc., but never could get the hum to go away. I am not sure but I thought I read that the tuner output doesn't put out the sound of all the amps staging.

Try some of that out and I hope it suits your needs but I recommend the CabClone or some similar hardware product.

Just remember, the MarkV ALWAYS needs a proper speaker load hooked up. If you are taking signal from the slave you still need your speaker cab connected.

Operating the amp without a proper speaker load will destroy the output valves & transformer.

Dom

For direct recording and or silent recording get a cab clone or another attenuator with a line out preferably a balanced output. I recorded with the line out and it does work but it does not sound good and it's hard to get the level set as it was not designed to record with.

Back