MarkIIC Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

settecorde76

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm Fabrizio from Italy and I'm a new member of this nice forum. I'm the proud owner of a MarkIIC 100W, since 1994; I'm interested to get some information about the classic settings of this amazing amp (tones, volumes, presence, equalizer and so on). I used to play rock and blues but sometimes I like to play fusion and pop too.
Thanks everybody for the precious support! :D

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/settings.html Try that link

Many thanks, bro! I appreciate. The weblink you suggested me is very helpful; this refer to the IIC+ settings but I know it's similar compared to my IIC...isn't it?

Many thanks, gts! You're right, I haven't noticed that the settings refer to IIC. Presence settings are too high, I agree...however I'll try them soon! :wink:

dodger916 said:
Experiment with the Treble level. Lowering it makes room for more Mids and Bass. By the way, I love my IIC.
Yes, I know...tone controls influence each other in a particular way...and it's a great feature that makes Boogies very different than any other amps in the market, I think...

i have a IIc as well, and i think it sounds great.
the fx loop kinda sucks, and i think the lead master knob doesn't do a while lot compared to a c+.
how much does the c differ from the c+ tonally?
i'm thinking about getting the upgrade.

Well...I remember what Tim McKee of Mesa told me one year ago: "if you like the sound of your IIC don't modify it in C+", because the change in sound is evident. But if you need more gain and a useful fx loop (yes, in the IIC the fx loop sucks but it's better than in the IIB), then you may consider to upgrade to a C+. In these days I'm modifying the fx loop of my IIC with an external fx loop (a valve loop in a separate box with his return level, made by my tech in Italy); in my opinion this is the definitive modify to get an useful loop, keeping the original sound of the IIC... :wink:

JimAnsell said:
i have a IIc as well, and i think it sounds great.
the fx loop kinda sucks, and i think the lead master knob doesn't do a while lot compared to a c+.
how much does the c differ from the c+ tonally?
i'm thinking about getting the upgrade.
What kind of music do you play? If you're into metal or high gain stuff, the mod may work for you (a good pedal might also work). If classic rock/rock'n'roll/blues is more your thing, the mod could be a disappointment. I bought my IIC with the intention of upgrading, but decided against it. I think the two cover different ground. I can't get either one (IIC or C+) to sound like the other, which is why I've kept them both!

dodger916 said:
What kind of music do you play? If you're into metal or high gain stuff, the mod may work for you (a good pedal might also work). If classic rock/rock'n'roll/blues is more your thing, the mod could be a disappointment. I bought my IIC with the intention of upgrading, but decided against it. I think the two cover different ground. I can't get either one (IIC or C+) to sound like the other, which is why I've kept them both!

I totally agree with you... :wink:

Latest posts

Back