Mark V through an Avatar cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott7d

Reaction score
I am think about getting an Avatar cab. I hate buying something without playing it, but the reviews and people I have spoken to seem very convincing. I would like to get a 4x12 and have V-30's and G12T-75's in an "X" pattern.

The price is very appealing, and hopefully this is a value, rather than a "you get what you pay for" sort of thing.

I just wanted to check if any of you have played through one and (a shot in the dark....) if you've played a Mark V through one. Thanks!

Nice! Honestly, I've never heard anything bad about the cabs. I am just picky about buying things when I don't get a chance to play through them. I've been disappointed more than once.......

Avatar are great cabs. I have 2 2x12 open back Traditional Premier cabs and they are great. I'm running my new Mark V through them and the tone is amazing. They are very well made cabs and for the price they are hard to beat. They're the only cabs I use now, sold the rest. However, I wish they made a 4x10.

I have two avatar premier vintage 2x12's. Both are closed back. I play my mark head mostly with the greenback loaded one. The other is v30/g12h30. No complaints on the tone or construction.

I have owned a couple of Avatars. They are nice cabs. They are not GREAT cabs IMO. The build quality is good, the attention to detail is O.K. They are very light and portable. That is what makes them appealing to me. You will not get the thunderous lows you get from a Mesa or similar cab.
This is just my opinion. If you want a quality cab then instead of buying a new Avatar buy a used Mesa/Orange/Bogner or Splawn cab. But if you are going to be miking the cab and don't really require the bass response you get from these other cabs then go with the Avatar. I like my 4x12's to punch me right in the chest but alot of that heavy bass gets lost in the mix anyway. I have had to go see my doctor twice because I pulled my back honking a 100+ lb 4x12 cab into my truck by myself.

I switch out playing through an Avatar Vintage 2x12 and Mesa Rectifier Slant Cab. The Mark V and Lonestar heads sound very good through the Vintage 2x12 open back. Of course the Mesa cab being closed back has a more bassy bottom end. You can't go wrong with the Avatar for the price.

def worth it but as many said orange or mesa is a far better built quailty. Im not going to lie i was gonna buy new mesa cabs with my mark v because im a gear ***** and i need 2 4x12s for band. But after looking at the construction of my peavey 6505 cabs they were built like a fucking tank so i just swapped out speakers and as many said the build quialty in recording is a huge diffrence. My other guitarist has made nock off avatar cabs same specs and everything just with emeince vintage 30s and the low end compaired to the 6505 cab or a orange cab is like having sex with someone with a std and havign sex with someone who is a virgin..You decide hahahha

pathos45 said:
having sex with someone with a std and havign sex with someone who is a virgin..You decide hahahha
Virgins are crap in bed. At least the std girl knows what to do. :lol:

ryjan said:
pathos45 said:
having sex with someone with a std and havign sex with someone who is a virgin..You decide hahahha

touche but looseness to tightness? hahahaha :lol:

pathos45 said:
ryjan said:
pathos45 said:

touche but looseness to tightness? hahahaha :lol:
haha :lol:

Is there a difference between the tradiotnal, vintage, and contemporary? Or is it just cosmetic?

well traditional you get a lil fuzz you know...ok im jsut gonna stop there lol

I ran a traditional 2x12 w/V30's with my old Express 5:50. I loved the cabinet, allot of bang for the buck! Their customer service is exceptional as well.

I went for the Vintage for the slanted speaker baffle. Can I tell much? Not really, a little, but shortly after the purchase the band started wearing in ear monitors anyway. It looks cool though.

Latest posts

Back