Mark V Head... Hard/Uncomfortable to carry???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is very uncomfortable carrying my Mark V head? Its so wide and heavy. Keep in mind I'm a 29 year old 230lb bodybuilder so I dont normally complain about carrying my gear but this head is a *****!

Is there a case that makes this thing easier to transport? Maybe a a vertical, lightweight flight case or something???

Mine doesn't bother me too much, but I'm coming from a rack that is MUCH more unwieldy to handle. I generally leave it on the 2x12 and roll both as a unit whenever possible.

-shrug- its the easiest head that I have owned to carry besides my little 20 watt jet city (past amps: ENGL Steve Morse and Peavy 5150II)

spawnofthesith said:
-shrug- its the easiest head that I have owned to carry besides my little 20 watt jet city (past amps: ENGL Steve Morse and Peavy 5150II)

HUH?!?

The 5150 is nothing to transport compared to the awkward shape of the Mark V.

The weight of the Mark V head is not evenly dispersed. But it's way easier than the RKII I came from. Now that thing was a PITA to carry.

Hendog said:
Am I the only one who is very uncomfortable carrying my Mark V head? Its so wide and heavy. Keep in mind I'm a 29 year old 230lb bodybuilder so I dont normally complain about carrying my gear but this head is a *****!

Is there a case that makes this thing easier to transport? Maybe a a vertical, lightweight flight case or something???

Get some Flintstone vitamins.... throw out everything but the Bam Bams... take those every day, along with a shot of primabolin. That amp will lighten up in a few days...

Heritage Softail said:
Hendog said:

Get some Flintstone vitamins.... throw out everything but the Bam Bams... take those every day, along with a shot of primabolin. That amp will lighten up in a few days...

ahahahaha... Thats some funny ****. And it's primobolan.

I love the Softail by the way. What year?

Hmmmm. I think it is the lightest and easiest to carry. I was just bringing this up the other day to some friends how light and comfortable it is!

But I guess "to each their own" right??

never carried the V, but carry my IV almost every day. Everyone who picks it up says its soooo heavy for being so small (shortie). I dont find it awkward at all....I just be very gentle with it as I dont have a case and dont want to break anything. my 5150 is like 10 lbs heavier and is big and bulky.

Going from my Lonestar widebody head to the MkV head, the V is a lightweight!

Hendog said:
Heritage Softail said:
Hendog said:

ahahahaha... Thats some funny sh!t. And it's primobolan.

I love the Softail by the way. What year?

05, the last carbuerated year... I like the sound of the carb, ironic a Boogie player would also be a 'tone freak' about a bike! :lol:

Hendog said:

I use this case, it has a extend-able handle and wheels.

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_SKB720%20Amp%20Head%20Case_-1_10052_10002_-49992039?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Amplifier%20Cases-_-SKB720%20Amp%20Head%20Case-_-S720XXXXX

compared to my road king ii combo, the mark v is a lot easier to deal with. but it's not exactly light weight :)

I bring MV Head, a gym bag with all my cables and pedals and a guitar in a gig bag every week and have 3 flights of stairs to go down and don't find it that bad and I am fine with it. But then again I was used to lugging all that but instead of a Mark 5 a VH4 and that was a ***** the VH4 is way to heavy. But built like a tank.

Back