Mark iv "pop" when change channel.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riccardo

Reaction score
A regard to the whole forum.
My Mark IV makes a noise "pop" when I change channel, often but not always.
does nobody have a similar probelm? It's normal?
Thanks
Riccardo

Yes, I also have this problem sometimes - never bothered me enough to warrant any sort of expenditure to repair, however.

Does it happen with reverb on, off or both? (This was a crucial test back when I had a Subway Rocket once upon a time)

Thanks for the reply! I can hear the noise when the reverb is active and also when the trim is set to zero. Especially when change the channel to lead in rithm 1.
What do you advise me to do?
Thanks again
Riccardo

I get a slight pop when going from lead to channel 1. But it is very subtle.

I had a Road King before I had the Mark IV. And with the Road King, when switching to channel 3 from any channel, you would get a pop so loud it would wake the dead.

So I guess it conditioned me to barely notice the pop on the Mark IV.

But if it is anything like mine, it is very subtle, not loud at all.

I noticed the same thing the other night at rehearsal the other night (new band). I was a little surprised that I had never noticed it before, but... the band wasn't playing, I was just testing the auto-eq setting per channel... next time I'll try it with as many combo's of eq/loop settings to see if anything affects it...

Just to chip in,

I have never heard a pop at all when changing to and from any channel on my MK IV combo. I am listening with the master at 2 and the channel volume at 2 so not completely quiet but bedroom jamming volumes I guess.

The only time I have ever heard a pop was when my input jack on guitar was playing up. The amp itself though is completely quiet when switching.

An on a sidenote. Man, these things really sound great. Distortion to die for!!

-I had a Road King before I had the Mark IV. And with the Road King, when switching to channel 3 from any channel, you would get a pop so loud it would wake the dead.- :D
I love my mark iv! I want to know if this pop is a common caracteristic of this amplifier or it is a problem..just to know if there's something I can do to fix it.
Thanks to all for the reply.

I get a small pop on a channel change if the amp has been sitting for a while or in stand by. Once it get the first "pop" out of its system it usually goes away and does not come back.

I'm pretty sure its the gain on each channel. My R1 popped VERY loud when going from R2 to R1. But i noticed the gain on R2 was at 10 while R1 was at 3. I turned up R1 to 10, and the problem is solved. Try to equalize the gain on the problem channel and see if that helps.

My old peavey 5150 used to 'pop' like all hell broke loose. At that time, I was in an apartment and used to cover my ears when changing channels. LOL.

I just got a 92 mark IV and have the lead channel volume at 3, master at 4 and full power. So, its pretty loud in my house. Zero popping sound when going from lead to clean and vice-versa. Actually am surprised there is no popping sound. I play metal and needless to say both gain and drive on lead are almost maxed out. :)

Latest posts

Back