Mark IV makes me play better

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantstepjoe

Reaction score
The tones are so great I wanna play it all the time even though I don't find it to be a very forgiving amp. You only get out what you put in; it faithfully reproduces every nuance of your technique- the good and the bad and for that I love it. It forces me to play better.

It caused me to clean up my technique quite rapidly.

And if you can sound clean and articulate on a Mark-series amp, you can pretty much sound GREAT on any amp out there.

An ex-band mate FORCED me to buy a Mark IV and the Mark IV FORCED me to play better.

My Mark IV is mine Mine MINe mINe MINE! MINE!mine

Masterof1angel said:
Hey man. If you try gt-75's you might find it more forgiving :)

I wouldn't be surprised. I absolutely love those with my IIIs something fierce. They seem made for each other.

Unforgiving and inspiring. 8) That's a winning combination in amps and guitars...I love my Les Paul, but it's almost too easy compared to the Tele, which definitely forces me to play better.

SurfGreenTele said:
Unforgiving and inspiring. 8) That's a winning combination in amps and guitars...I love my Les Paul, but it's almost too easy compared to the Tele, which definitely forces me to play better.

So True. I also just love the way it reacts and the tones it is capable of with no effects. I used to use more pedals with my Roadster and now I'm most happy plugging my guitar straight into the Mark IV with no efffects and just using a single button footswitch for switching the reverb on and off.

I think that the amp makes people play better due to the fact that the the tone leaves nothing left to be desired. It responds so well to everything you go on autopilot!

20 years (or so) i buyed my first MK4. I realised how bad my playing was (had one of the first Engl Rack pieces before). The Mkx forgives no mistakes. Thank you. Now it sounds better :) And it is true: you sound good on any amp, if you can handle the Marks.

Latest posts

Back