Mark IV Headshell/Combo Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Can you inter-change the chassis' of a Mark IVa head and a Mark IVb combo?

I would think yes provided they are both "short" or both "wide", right? Or is there something else that I am missing due to one being an "a" model and the other a "b"?

#2121313 said:

I would think yes provided they are both "short" or both "wide", right? Or is there something else that I am missing due to one being an "a" model and the other a "b"?

At some point they changed the mounting screw length. The early ones mounted from the top chassis rail and the later ones passed the screw into some tabs in the bottom of the chassis. Ask me how I know? :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:

gts said:
JOEY B. said:
#2121313 said:

At some point they changed the mounting screw length. The early ones mounted from the top chassis rail and the later ones passed the screw into some tabs in the bottom of the chassis. Ask me how I know? :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:

Oh yeah.... I know as well.
But the mounting screw locations are the same on all the Mk IV cabs.
So your IVa will fit with no problem into a IVb combo cab and vice versa.
Just use the mounting screws on the IVa with the IVa after the swap, and the IVb screws with the Ivb
That is unless the combo has sus4 mounting then it's yet another screw length all together. ;-)

Thanks GTS!

Latest posts

Back