MARK IV DISCONTINUED (FOR REAL)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
Again, I really hope the Mark V sucks. I'd be pretty annoyed if I've just spent £2000 on an inferior product.
Me too! Seriously, I don't think many of us will regret buying a Mark IV.

MarkofXlnts said:
Just an observation, actually, a question and observation: Why is the Mark I not listed in the discontinued products section with the Mark IV? Is Mesa actually still taking orders for the last of the Mark I amps, or are they just dragging their feet as far as updating the website??
camsna said:
The Mk I Reissue is on the site. As far as I know - you can still order it.

They must have JUST updated it because I looked a few hours ago and it was still on the main products page. It's now on the"Out of Production" page:

http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Out.htm

Kris

I just checked the boogie site and they took out the mark I and IV - as well as tricked us by pretending they made a new amp - but really changing the name of one :twisted:

Nick_cor said:
I just checked the boogie site and they took out the mark I and IV - as well as tricked us by pretending they made a new amp - but really changing the name of one :twisted:
But you notice that the Mark section remains even though currently empty... ..interesting.

You know they just monitor this board in order to determine the best way to mess with us.

newfinator said:
Nick_cor said:
But you notice that the Mark section remains even though currently empty... ..interesting.

You know they just monitor this board in order to determine the best way to mess with us.

LOL, i wouldn't be surprised if they did

kbourque said:
They must have JUST updated it because I looked a few hours ago and it was still on the main products page. It's now on the"Out of Production" page:

I think it's VERY interesting that although the "Mark Designs" product category is now EMPTY, they chose to leave the "Mark Designs" HEADING still there (I added the red circle). You know, like a placeholder for the "next Mark!"

mesasite2.jpg

LEVEL4 said:
kbourque said:

I think it's VERY interesting that although the "Mark Designs" product category is now EMPTY, they chose to leave the "Mark Designs" HEADING still there (I added the red circle). You know, like a placeholder for the "next Mark!"

mesasite2.jpg

Wanna buy a bridge in Brooklyn?

There's gotta be someone out there that knows something the rest of us peasants don't!!!!

Ok ok. It was me. I got onto the Mesa/Boogie web server and moved the Mk. IV to the 'Out of Production' page.

Mesa should notice it any day now and put it back...

Sorry for all the confusion.

Why... WHY WOULD THEY DO IT! No form of prior advertising just WHAM it's gone :(

At least I have mine so YAY! But seriously, this CAN'T be the end of the Mark Series I mean, **** it IS mesa!!! :'(

The fact that the Mark series is still there means there is probably a MKV in the pipe. Summer NAMM is a few weeks away so I guess we'll see then.

If it's a MKV i don't care much but if they do reissue a IIC+ I will be hard pressed not to sell everything I own to buy one.

Scott

I just don't see them completely getting rid of the Marks forever. That would leave them with the Recto's, Lonestars, and Stiletto's. The Express series will probably go away after awhile, just like the Nomads, and F series.

I am anticipating what's going to go on at Summer NAMM!

MrMarkIII said:
No, no, it was me! I'm Spartacus!!
"I'm Brian! And so's my wife!"

I do hope they continue the Mark line, and hope any replacement isn't as radical a change as the F-series -> Express one was.

So I faxed Mesa yesterday about the Marks and this is what they wrote back

"Yes, the Mark IV has been officially discontinued. Within the last year we have also discontinued the Mark I Reissue and Bass 400+. These were all amps that were 15+ years old and were essentially discontinued to make room for newer products like the Titan V12, M6 Carbine, Roadster and Express series amps.

Thanks for your continued interestin MESA!"

It's still funny that there is still a Mark Section on the site.

To me the Roadster is nice continuation of the recto line but not a replacement for the entire Mark Series. But then again they do that the Triaxis which is essentially every Mark in one box.

I still think there is something up!

Latest posts

Back