Mark III volume changes while playing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarted

Reaction score
I have a Blue Stripe fully loaded Mark III head that sounds great, but all of a sudden the volume will get a little louder and the tone changes (sounds less bright and with more low end)). It only does this for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. This is on the Lead channel (not sure if this happens on the other channels).

I swapped out the power tubes thinking they might be the cause, but it still happens. Could this type of issue be with a preamp tube?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Dana

Hi!
I had very strange things happening with my Mark IV and the cause was the power supply caps!
I'd change those first!

Cheers

Es

Guitarted said:
I have a Blue Stripe fully loaded Mark III head that sounds great, but all of a sudden the volume will get a little louder and the tone changes (sounds less bright and with more low end)). It only does this for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. This is on the Lead channel (not sure if this happens on the other channels).

I swapped out the power tubes thinking they might be the cause, but it still happens. Could this type of issue be with a preamp tube?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Dana

Hey man, went through hell with my first "red", till after 24 years I had to discover, that a pin on the opto-coupler close rearside the lead-drive pot
hanging lose in the hole of the pcb................and the amp changed tone-colour like a chameleon skin chaging on a tree...............

So after suffering the hell on earth through the decades the thing was fixed from one moment to the other - "armadas" of power and preamp-tubes had been swapped through that times, and all techs I asked then sent me in the "dark and deep jungle" without helping me and all gave me the most strange advices................

So one day I looked into my second "red" and - what a mess THAT SAME DAMMED PIN had also been soldered unsufficiantly....

So in the first case I believed the chica then in the 80ies who sat at that machine had probably been drunk when soldering the pcbs in a routine,

so then I believed it couldn't have happened twice....and then baffeling extrordinarily.............

But now look you all out here..........I've on both amps rearside nearby the entrance of the powerchord into the chassis the famous letters from Mike B. "MB".........................

Cheerioh MESA BOOGIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back