• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark III No Stripe Short head. FS.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
Back up for sale is a No Stripe Mark III Short Head. I wanted to keep this but i need some money for a project around the house. I'll be buying another III again when i have the extra dough.

Anyway. I confirmed with Boogie that this is a 100/60 watt model. Has EQ and Reverb and the amp works 100% perfect. I sent this amp to Mesa Boogie back in July for some work and i will include the paperwork so you can see what exactly they did. I can't read their handwriting for anything! They did $275 worth of work. They changed some caps, 2 tubes, fixed a wire, and cleaned it up.

It sounds great and if you want that John Sykes tone, this head on a 1x12 Thiele with a EVM does it closer than any other Boogie i have heard. I have owned a IIC+, 3 Mark IV's, and i have played tons of others.

It's loaded with Boogie preamp tubes and has 2 6L6 power tubes, and 2 5881's. You can use 5881's in place of 6l6's. Boogie installed them.

The headshell is actually from a MarkIV. I'm not sure who swapped it out. The headshell does have some scuff marks on the side, but the top and front of the amp look perfect.

I don't have any footswitches.

I'm asking $725 for the head but the buyer must pay for shipping. I'm in the Tristate NY/NJ area and will drive up to an hour for a local deal. I take Paypal as well.

Captured2007-9-600000.jpg

Captured2007-10-100017.jpg

Captured2007-10-100013.jpg

danyeo1 said:
A few guys on this forum have played this amp and can vouche for it.

I am one of them. The head sounds killer...just like a Mark III should. If I didnt already have my III, this would be at my house already... 8)

bad timing.
i would have bought it but i just bought an 600ish recto and i kinda lost my job.
swear words x alot.

Do you have the link to the ebay auction? (Guess I could just look it up...) I don't suppose you have any unprocessed sound clips that may do it justice?

Latest posts

Back