Mark IIC+ with simul-class. Questions.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no worries

Here are some basics. The Treble, Mid and Bass controls are very closely tied together. It's not like an old Fender where you can run everything on 6 and have great tone. The treble control setting has a direct impact on the mid setting and the bass. Similarly, the mid controls affects the bass control's sensitivity in that the higher you run it, the lower the bass control's setting matters. With Boogies, for my tone, I run the treble very high. This is my subjective tone preference though, so just understand the interplay of the controls and you'll be set. I always tell people to ignore the numbers on the dials and close their eyes and use their ears to dial them in. Your brain will want you to stop turning a knob at a certain point because of that number but you need to just ignore it.

Try getting your baseline tone without the EQ on at all, in fact keep it off completely until you love your base tone. Then, use the EQ to fine tune the certain frequencies you want to add or eliminate. If you're after high gain tones, keep Vol 1 high, in the 7,8,9 range. It will still stay marginally clean however the clean channel will be deafeningly loud. You have to balance the two 'channels' to get the best of both.

The higher your channel volume and gain the more distortion you will get at lower volumes if your master volume is set low. This needs to be reserved if you want to jam loud though.. dial the gain back as you raise the volume control, they are very closely related to each other so you have to balance them.

Latest posts

Back