Mark IIB Variations

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
So what’s the deal with IIBs being so different, even during same model years? Some have good reverb, some have good FX loops, some have both (or neither) etc.

Was Boogie just constantly innovating and improving as they built, was it component availability, was it due to personal style between builder/techs and set-up?

As I research more, I see that there’s some subtle “idiosyncratic” differences between amps even a few serial numbers (relatively speaking) apart with no apparent reason for it. Makes it seem as though each has a unique personality - which I think is cool.

Part of the early “mystique”?

Hello
actually normally all Mark 2 b should be identical with different options. (power (2 or 4 6L6), reverb, equalizer ...) and also unlike the components used (capacitors, and all integrated crcuits ....) differences in coverage, and wood colors.
I also understand that there are different PCB versions that evolve over time ...
the Mark 2 B remains a legendary amp.

note: if a person can tell me why on my Mark2 with reverb and equalizer I lose power as soon as I switch ON the EQ ? a faulty capacitor? Other ? looking around V5 ? Thank you for your help...
dom

Latest posts

Back