Mark 5 EQ/Footswitch Problem - Could you have a look at yours

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogiemark

Reaction score
Dear Mark V Mates,

I would like to ask for help regarding my Mesa Mark 5 which I have bought recently second hand:

The toggle switch for the EQ on the amp for each channel has three options: 'On' - '0' - 'EQ FS'
Now my problem:
If the toggle switch on the amp is on the '0' position, the EQ can still be stwitched on and off with the footpedal.
Isn't the footpedal's EQ button supposed to work only in the 'EQ FS' position of the toggle switch on the amp?
Even the manual says that in the '0' position all the EQ is completely turned off.
If the EQ can be switched on and off with the footpedal when the toggle switch of the amp is at '0' WHY is there the position of 'EQ FS' on the amp's toggle switch??
The amp-tech of the Mesa Boogie distributor for Europe says that this is normal but the manual of the Mark 5 clearly says the opposite.

The all important question for me is: Does my Mark 5 have a technical fault?

Could you possibly have a look at your Mark V and tell me how it works on yours?

There's no info on the internet and it sort of drives me crazy. :shock:

Would really appreciate any help!

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

I checked my amp out for you. If I have my EQ on each channel set to zero my foot switch will not turn the EQ on.

My amp is newer it was built in October 2019. I don't know if your amp is older, maybe that has something to do with your issue but good luck

Hmm....

Sounds very much like the issue I had with mine which ultimately needed the JFETs swapping out for the EQ section - not a massive job luckily.

I noticed that the EQ wasn’t actually switching out of the audio path completely too - is yours doing this too?

Latest posts

Back