ltd ec-50 with gibson pickups ... good idea?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalhead51105

Reaction score
i recently bought a gibson les paul vintage mahogany with burstbucker pros and absolutely love it. it doesnt help that my old guitar is an LTD EC-50 with a ducan designed detonator in the bridge which i bought used for a little over $100 a couple years back. anyway now that i have the gibson i dont know what to do with the ltd. id hate to sell it and only get like $80 for it. So im thinking since i liked the pups in my gibson so much maybe ill frankenstein the hell out of it. i know that putting $150 into a $100 guitar isnt going to make it amazing but im primarily looking for a backup by this point before i can afford a standard or custom. either way, im thinking maybe a 490/498 combo just to give some contrast to the tone im getting out of the burstbuckers. maybe even a gibson ceramic combo? other suggestions?im looking for a grunge / hard rock / metal tone and im playing through a 3 ch dual rec / marshall 1960b half stack

Latest posts

Back