Low volume compared to other amps of same wattage

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomad100hd

Reaction score
I'm finding my new mark v to be very quiet compared to my rm100 thru the same cabs. I. Find the amp doesnt come alive till 10 o'clock on the master with the channel master set the same. I played at church this morning on that serting. Below that the amp is very dull. If I set my rm100 that way no one would be able to stand it.

So two amps made by different manufacturers sound different? Have you alerted the local news media? :lol:

It's quiter than my nomad 100 hd was. Question is, is this normal for the mark to be so quiet compare to other amp. Of course if you can't afford to have more than one amp and have no friends to compare amps to because of your attitude I you can shut it :)

One of the things about the Mark V that took a while to sink into my head is don't try dialing it in like I would any other amp, including other Boogies. I like my settings and don't change them often. When I start thinking one of the channels needs something different the first thing I do is the "blind man" method. I record a loop on the JamMan and then play it back while adjusting controls with eyes closed using ears only. It works for me.

Back