Loud pop/click sound when using footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEVIEM

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I bought Mesa Boogie Triple rectifier recently. It was used in perfect condition. It`s US model and I`m running it through transformer to work here in Europe.
I noticed a problem however. When I run the amp with footswitch and switch through channels with it, it makes quite loud pop/click sound. Does anybody know what`s the problem?
Also the amp itself makes a strange noise for a while (something like turning on a computer) when I turn it on, all the channel`s lights are shining, than slowly turn off and only the channel last used stays active. Is it normal?
The amp itself is working perfect. Turnng on problem doesn`t bother me at all, but I wonder if it is okay, but that footswitch kinda pisses me off.

I too have had the same popping issues.

Basically, I flip it to Spongy. Let it sit for about 2 min., then with each volume knob at 0, cycle through each channel. After cycling is complete, I switch the amp to ON, and cycle once more, with the volume for each channel still set at 0. Tried this tonight and got another POP, much to my dismay.....

Has anyone got an idea what is causing the popping?

rockanomicon said:
Has anyone got an idea what is causing the popping?

It's the relays making contact. The older 2 channel heads used LDRs for the switching, where the newer ones use relays. There's really no way around it. The Stilettos do the same thing, although not to the extent that I remember my 3 channel TR doing, but still audible.

It gets lost in the mix and you don't even hear it unless you're playing by yourself.

Back