Looks like my MK III is going on a road trip.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Direwolf said:
Just got my RA# from Boogie. Seems my problem even has them perplexed. So off she goes. :(

Don't worry. About a month Mike brought mine into the 22nd Century like some magician. I wonder if I can now say I have a OOS (Old Old-Stock) revied Mark III? :lol:

Just wait until you play it after Mike applies his creative and exhaustive Mark III knowledge.

Dennis

I have no doubt that they'll be able to fix it. I was explaining the problem and niether Mike or Rich could give an explanation. I had a PI tube crack on me and didn't know until the amp died. I turned it on and heard a loud hum and the the power tube in socket 3 red plated. I tried replacing tubes and still did the same thing. No matter which tube I put in socket 3 it would red plate. I checked to see if it would function in class A mode and when I did PT 4 red plated. I opened up the chassis and found no obvious problems nor did I smell anything electrical. So I called Mesa and off she goes. They asked if I wanted just the problem at hand fixed or give it a good inspection as well so I chose the complete inspection. I can't wait to get it back. It sounded awesome before. I'm sure it'll come back even better. 8)

Once you find out the issue, please let us know. Very curious on what it could be. I know from everything I've read here, that Mike B. will make it all better. :lol:

He's the best at this.

good luck!

Well my amp hit the road today. Once I find out what went wrong ill definitely let everyone know. I can't wait to get it back after Mike has worked his magic!

Latest posts

Back