• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a 3/4 back 1x12 or 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they are. I have a 1x12, I really like oversized boxes. I was thinking with two of them I can either stack them or spread them. Does anyone own two of them? Is it sturdy enough to stack two of them with a head on top?

halfnote said:
Yes they are. I have a 1x12, I really like oversized boxes. I was thinking with two of them I can either stack them or spread them. Does anyone own two of them? Is it sturdy enough to stack two of them with a head on top?

A friend of mine (beachjammer on here) has two 1x12s and stacks them with his head on top. It looks and sounds awesome. They are MORE than sturdy enough, man! These are Mesa cabs we are talking about here! He's also spread them out - one on each side of the stage - for gigs and they sound amazing with this setup as well.

Two 3/4-back cabinets stacked is soooo loud its almost impractical. It does look cool though. :D

Mr_You said:
Two 3/4-back cabinets stacked is soooo loud its almost impractical. It does look cool though. :D

That's why I spread mine out. I have a V30 in one cab and a G12 in the other. I put one on each side of the stage and don't bother micing. This way I can push my amp harder for better tone.

As for their sturdiness, these things are built like tanks. When I'm at home I have both cabs stacked with the head on top. It's a killer setup for sure!

100_1303.jpg

100_1302.jpg

Hey, Keith! I figured my smoke signals would bring you into this thread eventually. :lol: I'll agree that your stack sounds AMAZING!!! I've heard it first hand and it absolutely smokes with that custom head and the Mesa cabs. It reminds me of the Back to the Future scene where he hits that huge chord and gets knocked across the room. HAHA!

gts said:
Halfnote holy sh!t you're in Kittery!! (or Kittery Point)
Good to know there's a "local" on the board. :)

halfnote said:
email me with a pic and shipped price to 03905

Enjoying the beautifull weather in Kittery Point today gts.
I know the cabs are strong enough to stack 100 high what I meant was is it tippy?
I have been enjoying the hell out of my new 4 by except when I have to move it :lol:

That's what I was hoping, your setup looks sweet by the way. That's what I've been thinking of doing with my stiletto head. I came across a rediculous deal on a 4x12 shipped to my door and I had the funds in my pay pal so I had to try it out. I'm interested to see how long I can stand dragging it around. I really like the idea of being able to stack or spread the cabs, and the portability of a couple 1x12s over a 4x12. But who knows, maybe I'll start of join a kick *** band this summer and it will all be worth it. :twisted: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back