Looking at getting a Dual or Triple Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorB

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post here, I've been lurking on the boards for a long time but I finally signed up. I've been looking for a new amp, currently I'm running a Pod X3 Live into an 18 watt Atomic Reactor 112 or a keyboard amp depending on how I feel.

I have found a used 3 channel Dual Rectifier(not the multi-watt) with a Mesa 4x12 traditional cab that a music store about 2 hours away is selling for $1000. I was thinking about going and buying it this Friday. The store seems legit and the guy I talked to says its in pretty good shape. I'm just wondering if there's anything I should look at when I go and is $1000 a good price for a head and 4x12 cab? I should say I live in Sask, Canada and around here it's pretty hard to find used amp's for prices like that.

I have also found a used multi-watt Triple Rectifier which was just serviced and new tubes were installed. The guy is selling it for $1000, might be able to get the price down a little on it. The only thing is I would have to either buy a cab or modify my Atomic and buy a speaker for it so I could use it for now.

I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion would be? Is the Dual Recto and Cab for $1000 a better deal then the newer multi-watt Triple?

Definitely get the amp and cab deal. A "great" price for a Mesa 4x12 around my neck of the woods is $500. So that means you're picking up a Dual Recto for $500 too. If you don't like it sell the amp for $900 and buy something else and you still have the cab. :D

That's an awesome deal man, take your guitar and play through it to make sure. If it was me buying it, I would look at the back where the tubes are to see what is going on because I'm nosy, listen carefully for any odd noises, ask questions if you are curious about ANYTHING.

I would go for the amp and cab deal as well.

Good luck!

It's a great deal. I would try it out and make sure it sounds good. Play it for a while, using all of the channels and playing at different volumes. Bring your guitar with you so you get a good idea how it sounds with your guitar. If you plan on using effects, test out the F/X loop. If it checks out, get it!

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely try out all the channels and modes on it. I figured the head/cab was a great deal when I saw it for sale. My plan was to buy it and if I didn't like the Dual Recto sound I could just sell the head eventually and buy a Mark V. The only Mesa's I have played are a Mark V which I loved and the Roadster which I really liked but finding either of them used around here is very rare and new they are so expensive. Thanks again.

Amp and cab combo for sure....sight unseen/unheard. But here in the states from what I have noticed for the most part is that any recto head is gonna pretty much be close to the 1000$ range. I would still go for the cab and amp deal even if it was a bit worn cosmetically just cause Im always gonna go with the deal offering more at a cheaper price if its just due to cosmetic wear from being gigged and what not. But I got my dual recto tremoverb combo for a grand but im gonna end up having to put speakers in or use it just as a head on ext. cab...still can't beat a mesa IMHO and a grand is about the going rate, so with a cab that's a killer deal...

Latest posts

Back