Look what I just bought!!! :D

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zyglio

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have been skulking around doing some research here, but no postings. I had a successful score of a one year old Mark IV and I am TOTALLY STOKED!!! I am very happy to "join the club" so to speak. Check out the auction on eBay. It will be a couple weeks or so before it gets here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7340056386

I have been playing through an old 1986 JCM 800 4013 50 Watt Single Channel combo. I put Mesa 6L6 tubes in last fixup, but I have been yearning for the real thing.

I also just picked up a wykyd left handed guitar to augment my very old Kramer Focus 2000 lefty I have had since '86. She has treated me well, but she needs a new friend... and this is it!!! Red is my absolute favorite color, I love EMG pickups, a Les Paul set neck design, OMG I am on overload!!! :D Woohoo!

http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/EC1000LH.htm

Wow... too much excitement.... so much for the big screen TV upgrade. Somehow I don't feel like I will miss it all that much .... :D :D :D

Nice to meet you all. Look forward to poaching some settings and getting upkeep info for the Mark IV.

Wow, that seems really expensive for a Mark IV. Congrats though, good choice :)

"Wow, that seems really expensive for a Mark IV. Congrats though, good choice " - Kgry

eBay can get insane for music equipment prices.

Yeah, I thought a lot about it, but this is a Wide Body, so it has a better low end or so I read. It also has 4 years on a transferrable warranty, copies of the receipt and the full owners manual. Price difference on and old regular body one with a few screws missing, no docs and rust on the handle is just a couple hundred. A new one is now set by Mesa at $1950 and I'm not sure that's the wide body one.

I just won it last night at 11pm and I already have the tracking info! Woohoo! The owner was super cool. He even has Mesa sending me new tubes for the two in the center, although the current ones work fine. He said they just weren't "pristine" and this price (and with the warranty) he could arrange it.

If you are careful and shop around, you really do typically get what you pay for. Well worth it IMHO. :D :D :D

"I have the same guitar too, its soooo nicee" - Orion88

OOOOH.... tell me more!!! I must know more! ;) Anything you just have to tell a future owner? You know... that thing that you wished you realized right when you got but had to figure out the hard way?

Thanks in advance... and nice to meet you both! :)

""Wow, that seems really expensive for a Mark IV. Congrats though, good choice " - Kgry

Not from my pov. Peeps in the U.S. must give Boogies away like candy. lol Here in Canada, the lowest price I found for a used Mrk IV was around 1700 Can. A new one in my city was going for 2700 Can. And that was a discounted price. 1300 U.S. seems like a steal to me. Nice buy.

I just bought this for $500. No FS and not widebody though. Older design (<=1994). Is that a good thing or bad?
DSC02078a.jpg

Rich M said:
I just bought this for $500. No FS and not widebody though. Older design (<=1994). Is that a good thing or bad?

For $500 that's a steal!
The footswitch can't be too expensive. Check Boogie directly!
Congratulations!

Thief? Thanks, guys!

I called Boogie. $250 for the FS :shock: As can be seen three pots/knobs are also cracked off and a foot is missing. Those, I did order for $27 8)

Yeah, the footswitch for a MKIV is pretty significant when it comes to the re-sale price...you gotta wonder what ever happened to it!

If you keep your eye on ebay, they show up from time to time

Hello -- my first post here.

I just saw this on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-FU-3-Footswitch_W0QQitemZ7348015306QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You gotta wonder if it works though. Seems pretty iffy to have spare MarkIV footpedals around.

Yeah, and I can't buy for a couple weeks. Seller of amp is back intown then and will look for footws. in his basement. Had it at one time. I may get lucky! Thanks for the heads up. Maybe if it is still around and a bit cheaper then, I'll bite.

Back