Lonestar Special Distortion out of Mark V???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe187

Reaction score
I have a friend with a Lonestar Special. He just got it. It has the nicest creamiest distoortion on the 2nd channel. Is there a way to approximate that on the Mark V? I love my Mark V, and will not go away unhappy if the answer is no, but I know there are sounds in there I haven't heard yet. Anybody come close?

Joe

i guess you'd have to send a clip of the tone he had dialed in.. but in terms of what I enjoyed out of my lonestar special -- i can get it, except it doesn't sound overly dark, and has a tighter bottom end

joe187 said:
I have a friend with a Lonestar Special. He just got it. It has the nicest creamiest distoortion on the 2nd channel. Is there a way to approximate that on the Mark V? I love my Mark V, and will not go away unhappy if the answer is no, but I know there are sounds in there I haven't heard yet. Anybody come close?

Joe

I dont know the tone you are talking about but the 10 watt setting using the "FAT" mode in channel 1 is juicy as sh!t.

shogun said:
i guess you'd have to send a clip of the tone he had dialed in.. but in terms of what I enjoyed out of my lonestar special -- i can get it, except it doesn't sound overly dark, and has a tighter bottom end

Hey Man - how? What are your settings?

channel 3, mark iv, 90 watts, mids set really high, bass pretty low, presence low, treble adjusted until you get what you are looking for.. use the eq if needed..

you should get ur buddy to come over, put the amps side by side, and then try and clone it.. honestly, my mark v blows away the tone i got from my LSS

joe187 said:

Joe

I've never heard a LSS, but I use Mk 1 mode for creamy distortion. Bass pretty much OFF/Mids around HALF/and Treble and Presence depending on Output. I have str450's in right now so that may help.

Crunch may work for you as well, if the Mk 1 mode has too much bass. I've used a BB preamp to dirty up and smooth out the tone. It's great.. smooth yet lively.

Latest posts

Back