Lonestar: Classic vs Special

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iangriff89

Reaction score
I've recently played both a classic and a special and was impressed with the clean sound on both. However, i played the classic the day before and did not fiddle with it as much as the special and it seemed as if there was little to no gain on the drive channel when compared to the special. Do the two models differ in sound very much and spec also? Or am i just being stupid?! Any replies would be much appreciated.

I turned up the Loop Volume knob thing in the back all the way up and then got plenty of gain out of it.. check to see if it's turned up a good amount.

You're not going to get anywhere near Nu-metal gain from the Lone star classic, without pedal help. That disclaimer out of the way, heh heh. there is plently of gain on tap for up to 80's metal. The trick to getting that much gain with the Lone star is in the effects loop volume knob, and the treble knob (which acts somewhat like a brighter gain) on channel 2. as well as having the drive circut engaged.

I don't know, the LSC has a pretty darn good lead tone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrHy2o_Q-Fk&mode=related&search=

JAZZGEAR said:
I don't know, the LSC has a pretty darn good lead tone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrHy2o_Q-Fk&mode=related&search=

I could listen to Andy Timmons all day, he has such sweet tone! Any idea how to get that nice/subtle delay he has going on there in that video? I have a g-major but I wish I knew his exact preset for that...I'm clueless :?

Cheers guys.

Yeah, i guess i'll just have to experiment again. Im looking at an xotic booster to overdrive the signal anyways. Do you know if there are different valves in the Classic than in the Special?

Maury said:
Sounds like you might have had the drive switch engaged on the LSS but not on the LSC.

That's an easy switch to miss, but makes a huge difference. The LSC has a lot more gain when you engage the drive switch.

iangriff89 said:
Cheers guys.

Yeah, i guess i'll just have to experiment again. Im looking at an xotic booster to overdrive the signal anyways. Do you know if there are different valves in the Classic than in the Special?

LSS = EL84 valves only

LSC = 6L6 or EL34 valves

Latest posts

Back