Lonestar Classic (50w set on both channels - 4OHMS or 8OHMS?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmmikey

Reaction score
Hi there again everyone,

I'm a very happy owner of a Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo (50/100 watt version).

Was just wondering peoples thoughts on what output jack to plug the combo's 2 internal speakers into. Being a home/pub player - I am a very happy man with BOTH channels basically 'permanently' set to 50 watts.

The combo comes with the speakers plugged into the 8 OHMS output, but the back pannel suggests, "for 50 watts, plug into 4 OHMS".

I was wondering what I should do? I currently have the speakers in the 'out of the factory' 8 OHMS jack. Has anyone experiemented heavily in this area - with a 50 watts output? Would be very interested to hear the different sounds that you've been able to get. Should I plug into 4 OHMS right this minute??? - he he :)

Happy playing, look forward to hearing your stories.

Love mine too - same unit.

I've tried it both ways and ended up leaving it in 8ohm. I've got a Canabis Rex and a Red Coat run in series in my 212.

I also have the LSC 2x12 set to 50 watts all the time. I also use the diode for tracking instead of the tube. I have played with the 4 ohm setting and personally I did not notice much of a difference. The manual says it may appear to be a "brighter" sound. I play a Strat and a LesPaul. The LP has a harder time cutting through the mix at our gigs, so I am gonna try the 4ohm setting and see if that helps. I'll let you know what I find out. Our backline volume is not excessive so 50 watts works very well, even for the clean channel.

My ears are pretty good and I couldn't hear a difference at all.
If there was some slight EQ difference it was nothing that turning a few knobs couldn't accomplish on the tonestack.

Latest posts

Back