Lone Star classic 100/50 watt model . Effects level knob

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDB

Reaction score
Where do you guys set the effects level knob on the back of the Lonestar classic. Is there a recommended setting? Cheers

Welcome... it really depends on the type of effects you are running in the fx loop. There is an outlined procedure in the manual that helps with achieving unity gain thru the loop. That said, a good starting point is having the knob at noon and then working that with the return level of the effects you are running in the loop.. if that makes sense.

Hi. Im not running any effects in the loop. The effects level knob changes the output volume of the amp. I suppose I'm asking is this an extra gain stage? I' usually have it set at about 2 o'clock but running it at noon recently meant I had to increase the master volume from 9 o'clock to 10 o'clock to get the same volume and it appeared the amp broke up a bit more

ahh ok. Well it's not designed as a preamp gain stage, like the drive but without anything in the loop the effect send would act like as another volume control driving the power section. Cranking the master vol to compensate for volume I'd expect would have more of an effect on the breakup you're hearing.

FWIW, I run a volume pedal in the loop which allows the channel masters to be set higher. Kinda the same deal as varying the effects send level. In this case the effects send is at 1pm but that's not as big of an impact compared to where the vol pedal is set. I'm not sure if there is really a "wrong send level" between 9-3pm but playing around with the send level and the master vol to find something you like is probably the right approach.

You might discover a neat gain profile by setting it higher or lower than noon.
Probably safe to assume noon is "default".

ahh ok. Well it's not designed as a preamp gain stage, like the drive but without anything in the loop the effect send would act like as another volume control driving the power section. Cranking the master vol to compensate for volume I'd expect would have more of an effect on the breakup you're hearing.

FWIW, I run a volume pedal in the loop which allows the channel masters to be set higher. Kinda the same deal as varying the effects send level. In this case the effects send is at 1pm but that's not as big of an impact compared to where the vol pedal is set. I'm not sure if there is really a "wrong send level" between 9-3pm but playing around with the send level and the master vol to find something you like is probably the right approach.
Thanks. Will do some experimenting

Back