Lightest Weight 1 X 12 Cab That Matches Mk V Head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GmanJeff

Reaction score
I'm thinking of replacing my short head Mark IV with a Mk V. It looks like the Compact Widebody is the lightest Mesa 1 X 12 that might match up, at 33 lbs and 22.5" wide, while the Mk V head is 22.75" wide. I'm guessing that a 1/8" overhang of the head on either side of that cab isn't enough to be noticeable? Has anyone found any other brands of 1 X 12 cabs that are even lighter, and which provide a good visual match for the head?

The widebody 1x12s are the same width as the head. The difference in measurement seems to be because one person measured to the edge of the wood while another measured to the edge of the corner caps.

I'd recommend the open back if you plan on using it for a lot of cleans/lead with some mild crunch tones.

If you play a lot of rock and heavier music I'd recommend the widebody ported (usually refereed to as a thiele) cab.

Just about any 1x12 on the market is going to weigh less than the head itself does, it's right around 50 pounds.

Latest posts

Back