Lets talk about modding to a C+...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rampage

Reaction score
Well, I foolishly left Boogie a couple months back and I am looking to sign back up on the team. Well, I was cruising the interweb the other day and found a very affordable Mark II that is pretty much fully loaded but of course it is not a IIC+. Well it got me thinking; this is a very affordable amp for me right now then I remembered that there are a lot of IICs that were modded to IIC+s. Here is my question:

Does anyone know if getting a IIC modded to a IIC+ is still available from Boogie, and if so, does it really make the tone like that of the original? Also does anyone know a ballpark figure on what this may cost?

Thanks in advance!

Very cool and thanks for the quick response gts. I figured there would be some slight tonal variation in the two, but for the price I may be able to get this Mark II for it would be worth every penny. $400 is a lot less than I figured the mod would be as well so I think I may go for it.

I have a IIC Coliseum 300 that was modded to C+ status and it was well worth every penny! When I first got the head the tone was less than desirable, at least to my ears and style. After the mod, the fabled IIC+ tone everyone on this board seems to be after was right at my finger tips. The amp is truly amazing! Out of all of the Boogie amps I own, I just keep going back to the IIC modded+! Anyway, it has the true Mark IIC+ tone and as Mike stated to me a IIC modded to IIC+ status is basically like getting the factory IIC+. I would jump on that if you can. However that is my two cents worth of advice...

Thanks for all the info guys but according to my usual luck with buying gear, I wasn't able to catch a deal and it already sold :x . Would have been a $700 IIC+ after mod. Oh well, someone got a great deal and I have to hope mine is still out there.

As I understand it, not all Mk2s can be moded to C+. The original 2 and the 2B can't be moded, its just the 2C. Obviously others will correct me if I'm wrong.
Ian

you are certainly correct....a 2b could be modded back in the day, but they no longer do that because it entails a massive overhaul of the circuit board

I called mike bendenelli 2 months ago (707-778-6565) he told me directly that a mark IIc can easily be converted to a full-fleged C+, no difference whatsoever, it is now 450.00 by the way. He is a very funny guy, witty and cracks jokes the whole time. Give him a buzz.

Latest posts

Back