Lets Rock!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamstein

Reaction score
Well, Although I love the sound of my LSS 2x12 combo, I've been wanting some more bottom end chug lately, - so I finally got around to plugging my venerable old Marshall 4x12 into it....... :D

Yep, that worked! It sounds fabulous, problem is that if I run both the LSS speakers and the 4x12 at the same time, most of the power goes to the LSS speakers, this is fine at high volume, but not so good low.
.....So I've just been running it thru the Marshall cab, with the internal speakers disconnected lately! :(

Anyway, to get to the point of this post, I've just succumbed to the deadly GAS, and ordered a Marshall 4x12 base cab, loaded with greenbacks, to sit under my ancient slanted marshall 4x12, ...How do you reckon it'll sound with both rigged up to the LSS? ... And perhaps with the LSS speakers connected too! :D :D :D
I'm looking forward to the experience - perhaps my neighbours are going to be cringing again! :evil:

I reloaded my LSS with a Greenback and added a Greenback to the extension cab. Sounds like rock and roll.

The LSS into a 4x12 is a very sweet sound. I've only done it with V30s but it was great. Very rock sounding with more more edge and crunch if you turn your drive up higher than your gain.

Thankyou for your reply, I''m hoping the full stupid setup will sound good, - unfortunately, i've just this minute found that my rectifier valve has blown! Hehehe, nowt to do with speaker choice of course! - I've ordered a few replacements right now!
I was born in Canada myself by the way, but live in the UK now. :(

OOOffff! I may have overdone it! Sounds awesome though! (My ears hurt)

stupidrig.jpg

Can you reach the knobs. :shock: When you play in a band, put each marshall on either side of the drummer. Then everyone will hear you. :lol:

Wow! That's impressive. I might have a LSC long headshell available soon. It should fit the LSS chassis and would go along really well with that stack.

Yup, it would look good with the LSS in a head, - but I bought the LSS combo for nice sounding living room practice - Doh!
I'm wondering now if I should get a LSC head for playing live through the stack!!!? :?

Hamstein said:
Yup, it would look good with the LSS in a head, - but I bought the LSS combo for nice sounding living room practice - Doh!
I'm wondering now if I should get a LSC head for playing live through the stack!!!? :?

Why not just set the combo next to the stacked 4x12's?

Well, that would be the easy answer! Too easy! ( I only put the LSS on the top for the style of it, - nearly gave me a hernia!) :D

I guess that's why we're all different, huh? :) Please don't take offense to this, but I think combos on top of 4x12's look pretty ridiculous, and I actually like the look of them side-by-side.

Oh, and if you really wanna go light, pick up a Transatlantic TA-15. :) That would be an awesome stack, haha!

Latest posts

Back