Last Mark IV ever made?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aart

Reaction score
http://tinyurl.com/5czqy8

Does anybody have a Mark IV with a serial # higher than 13098?

Mine is 12402 so pretty late too.

Let's find the real last Mk 4!

That thing is right aroud the corner from me. Too bad I'm only about $4,499.97 short of the "buy it now" price. :lol:

Well, my MK-IV is in new condition from 12/93 and I guarantee it sounds waaaayyy better because my capacitors have mercury in them. I would only ask $ 4,399.95.

Ner Ner !!!

I mean really, what a profiteering jerkoff. Showing the bill and trying to double it. I would be happy for the next to last for $ 1699.

Boogiebabies said:
Well, my MK-IV is in new condition from 12/93 and I guarantee it sounds waaaayyy better because my capacitors have mercury in them. I would only ask $ 4,399.95.

Ner Ner !!!

I mean really, what a profiteering jerkoff. Showing the bill and trying to double it. I would be happy for the next to last for $ 1699.

Yes!! He has the right to ask double what he paid for... but, at least, have some class and don't show the bill.

I think there is a guy in this forum that have the last one, but I'm not sure. Mine is one of the last hundred at least.

I hate this doomsday false sense of urgency the sky is falling mentality. There are plenty of MKIV's out there. So what if this is a custom color. Unless you find a guy that needs that color to match his couch or some crazy crap like that there is no reason this amp is worth $4500.

I'd say if he gets $2500 he'll be lucky.

Scott

P.S. Does anyone have a contact at Mesa to verify that this serial is indeed the last MKIV ever made?

when i comes to stuff like this i think we should flood his inbox with emails asking where he gets his drugs from.

scottywompas said:
I hate this doomsday false sense of urgency the sky is falling mentality. There are plenty of MKIV's out there. P.S. Does anyone have a contact at Mesa to verify that this serial is indeed the last MKIV ever made?

I completely agree. There are literally more than thirteen thousand Mark IVs out there.

If the serial is before 13100 then it's not the last one.

If the 13,000 figure includes A's and B's in all the different formats, that isn't very many worldwide of each format especially if you knock off a few hundred that are 'no longer around'. If you checked for instance how many medium heads were made it can't be much more than a couple of thousand ??

is this guy f*cking nuts? 4,500$? :shock: the most i'll ever pay for a mark IV is 1200$ and that's the MOST. What a knuckle head.

Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
My Mark IV cost me around $4100.

It's only because the exchange rate is $2 to the £ !! When the exchange rate was $1.50 to the £ it would have been the equivalent of $3075, yet you would have paid the same price for it !!!??? :shock:

Ya, the exchange rate/pricing thing bugged me a bit. When I bought mine the Canadian dollar was worth a more than the U.S. dollar yet the sticker price was about $150 more than what they paid in the U.S. So, I paid more both in list price and got burned on the currency exchange. It didn't seem very reasonable to me to have to pay $300-$400 more than if I bought it in the States but the amp was worth it none the less.

Latest posts

Back