Lack of Low-end on channel 3?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dsky17 said:

Take a look at this thread as well....

I haven't tried yet myself, but it might be up your alley.

So I'm not sure I want to go try the whole saturation mod thing just yet, but after reading the posts and seeing that others are also saying the same thing, I can at least know that there's nothing wrong with my amp and that it's a sound / tone / eq thing.
[/quote]

I started that thread suggested just above, so I’ve been experiencing the same thing as you re: very low bass on Ch. 3. Now for me at least, on Extreme mode the thing absolutely thumps with bass. But IIC+ and IV modes felt like they lacked. IIC+ with the least amount of bass response. Ive been experimenting with 12AT7s in V4, V6 and V7 (though lately only running one in V4) and while it doesn’t automatically add a ton of bass response alone, I find it opens/widens the tonal range and allows me to turn up the presence, widening the tone further and turn down the treble. The gain gets run pretty much dimed out due to the lower gain. So it’s not a magical difference, but I definitely feel it’s helped Ch. 3, especially at don’t-blow-your-eardrums-out levels, for the price of a couple cheap tubes.

Keep me updated on what you find!
[/quote]

So yeah, exactly what you mention about the iic+ mode and mkiv mode being low in bass then extreme mode blasting my socks off with bass. The only issue is that I prefer the sound of the mkiv a lot more compared to the extreme. I haven't really found a away to go about this in any way yet. I may eventually try adding an eq pedal in the loop at some point.

Thanks for the input!

New to the thread, but I was never happy with the bass on Ch3 for the V until I started swapping speakers and cabs around. I couldn't dial around it. For comparison I've run through the 2x12 roadster cab which I assume is the same as a horizontal 2x12, the ported OS provides a noticeable change in the bass department. I'm speaking in room , not recording though..

Latest posts

Back