LA travel tips ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philhouse

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'll be making my first trip to LA from Australia next month. I'm staying about a week.

Any tips on cool guitar kinda places to go ? good stores ? cool venues ?

Cheers.

Fortunately, most, if not all, of the Hollyweird geetar stores are real close (walking distance) to each other: Guitar Center (huge), Mesa Boogie Hollywood (hole in the wall), some cool "mom & pop" type vintage gear places. All in the 7000 block of Sunset Blvd., freeway close, and you can trip over to the Whiskey, or the Chinese Theatre with all the stars' footprints and such. Get up to date on all your shots, and bring a camera to photograph the natives, but do not try "Stairway" at the GeeCee, or they might offer you a job. :lol:

Philhouse said:
Hey guys,

I'll be making my first trip to LA from Australia next month. I'm staying about a week.

Any tips on cool guitar kinda places to go ? good stores ? cool venues ?

Cheers.

All I know is that you should bring your guns wherever you go. It's a warzone in CA right now...all blood...all war. Be afraid...stay at home.

:lol:

try to avoid rush hour and traffic. you are not going to be able to but if you plan to get anywhere 5pm isnt the time.

if your gonna be round hollywood on the 13th of sep, check out a band called P.D.P at the knitting factory. they kick ***!

I cant really think of any must see things around here tho.

Latest posts

Back