Just taken delivery of a MKIII Purple Stripe...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfchild

Reaction score
...and I'm delighted :D

Previously owned a Blue Stripe which was always too harsh for me (even with the III+mod and a different speaker). Never could seem to dial out the harshness.

To my ears at least, the Purple Stripe is far less aggressive and the presence control is much more usable. I find the lead channel much more suited to the styles I play (jazz, funk, afrobeat etc.)

In short, I'm over the moon (this feels like the amp I always wished my Blue Stripe was).

Just though I'd share that with y'all.

W.

That's good to know...I have a blue stripe as well, and I would appreciate a less harsh version of it. Maybe I'll keep my eyes open for a purple stripe!

The purple version is a bit tamed compared to the red stripe version I own. I find mixing and matching tubes (both pre/power) can get them both pretty close to each other.

I had a "loaded" MKIII purple, and foolishly traded it for a Fender Vibrolux when I went through a vintage Fender amp phase. I miss that MKIII a lot.

Congrats on your new amp 8)

Well, just pulled the trigger on a purple stripe simul long head. Can't wait to A/B it with my blue stripe!

RussB- Maybe you see another one here shortly in your future. 8)

Whoopy - Congrats! Your gonna love the hell out of it man.

Got my head today! The seller mentioned the input jack needed to be resoldered, but it turned out that the only problem was that the common ground cable was touching the tip portion of the input jack and shorting out the signal. Moved it out of the way and it works great! I can't tell yet what I think of it compared to my blue stripe, since I don't have them side by side, but I'm hoping to A/B them tomorrow. It does seem like it might be a lot less sizzly than the blue though.

Back