Just put JJ tubes in my Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavaMan

Reaction score
I just put a complete set of JJ tubes in my Mesa Mark IV that I got from Bob at Eurotubes http://www.eurotubes.com

I play mostly blues and classic rock and these tubes make my Mark IV just nail these types of tones. I got a matched set of EL34s and 6L6s because I have always like that combination. I got some really nice Stevie Rayesque tones with my Strat in the neck position - I use EMGs and they can sometimes sound glassy on the clean channel - but these JJ's seemed to have warmed that up a lot! I am pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to go to the blues jam this week and open her up!

Most importantly both my gain channels are much quieter now! (It was pretty bad I had not changed any of the tubes in about 2 years...)

I also use JJ's... Very sweet tone.
I can get an excellent rock sound out of it (very articulate and creamy) and some nice metal tones out of it.

i also use jj's in all my amps. their el84's are so **** perfect... brilliant bell clean with the whome shimmering deal, and at breakup its just...PERFECT!

Latest posts

Back