Just Played the Mark IV after the Fuchs TDS 50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavaMan

Reaction score
I just spent some time playing my modded Mark IV combo (JJ tubes, EVM12L, Canare speaker cable) after playing my Fuchs TDS 50 for the past few months. The Mark IV is a great amp don't get me wrong, but it the cleans are simply no match, and the OD is good but it just does not have the warmth or OD kick that the TDS 50 has. I could really hear the difference. I have owned the Mark IV now for about 4 years, so I am really used to the sound.

My conclusion: The TDS 50 was well worth the serious cash I spent on it. I have been extremely happy with it, especially at the blues jams I have been going to. I like to dig in, and the Fuchs just screams. I know this may be a little sacreligious here...

I'm a Boogie fan from day one. but I still find amps that sound different. The boogie sound is a very special sound wich is compressed en unique. Sometimes I go try out amps wich are better sounding but after comparing them i like the boogie sound better.

Its not really a mater of sounding better or not. is just sounding different.

Your ears can change and yourpreferences an your taste in music.

I have had this to and until now my markIV was always there for me to meet my preferences until now...

Good luck playing!

That TDS is about $3000 or so....cannot afford even to listen to it, LOL!

Please do not make me to want anything more expensive than my Mesa, my wife would kill me if I told her I am still looking for the perfect sound after just recently buying this MK4!!!!!!!!

I like having a variety of amps. I don't really see one as "better" than another. They're just different. I'm glad you like the tone of the fuchs.

Latest posts

Back