Just got off the phone with M/B...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudleydawson

Reaction score
...it went like this...

"hello. i would like to buy an amplifier."
"wow. we love getting calls that start like this!"
"but there's a catch.... i need you to promise me that you aren't going to turn around in 6 months and release an Electra Dyne with a 10W power option"
".... i see.... well... let's start by talking about what it is that you like about the Electra Dyne..."

at the acknowledged risk of him losing an immediate sale, we talked for 20 mins about a hypothetical amp which might exist soon, and what it may possibly be like in comparison with the Dyne.
we referred to it as a 'cousin' to the ED. he was crafty with not giving too much information but answering my questions best he could...

the summary was this...

the 'cousin' would have a more modern voicing, but have some features which would clearly resemble the Dyne.
this hypothetical amp might have some features i may really be interested in. (i.e. lower power options)

i told him i liked the simulclass and preferred the vintage voicing of the dyne to more modern sounds - based on that - he thought the ED would be a safe choice for me.

PS ...then the baby started crying so i had to get off the phone... will be calling back to order dyne ASAP!

YellowJacket said:
WHAT!!!!!??? They're REDESIGNING IT!!??

=-(

I love it for what it is.

=-(

Wish I had $$$s right now . . .

Nah, doesnt sound like they are from that, just offering something else along those lines with a twist maybe?? Either way, you wont go far wrong with the dyne!

didn't sound like they were redesigning the Dyne - sounded like they were introducing something slightly different... maybe it's along the lines of lonestar/lonestar special?

among my conversations with the rep - i told him my 2nd amp choice was the LSS... and from that comment he steered me into the dyne direction... (vs waiting it out for a new release - which he said is currently 'in concept')

the impression i got was that a new amp would be released, similar to the Dyne, but with more features and a more modern voicing.
wait - that kinda sounds like all the other mesa amps :?

BTW - Med black head is officially ordered! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

dudleydawson said:
the impression i got was that a new amp would be released, similar to the Dyne, but with more features and a more modern voicing. wait - that kinda sounds like all the other mesa amps :?

Exactly. The Dyne is one of three Mesas I currently own and I like the voicing of the Dyne the best out of the three because it's not modern. I wouldn't mind a lower power option though. I think you made a good choice. Mesa seems to release new amps every 6-12 months so there's always going to be something newer around the corner, but not always better. Maybe the potential new release will be along the lines of the Express 5:50 vs 5:25. The Express, Mark V, Dyne, and TransAtlantic all seem to have some out within two years. I wonder how many concepts make it to release stage.

I was worried for a moment... was looking at what I could sell quickly to make sure I didn't miss the boat.

On that note, anyone want to by a slightly used soul for $2000?

screamingdaisy said:
I was worried for a moment... was looking at what I could sell quickly to make sure I didn't miss the boat.

On that note, anyone want to by a slightly used soul for $2000?
I already sold mine. :twisted:

sted said:
YellowJacket said:
WHAT!!!!!??? They're REDESIGNING IT!!??

=-(

I love it for what it is.

=-(

Wish I had $$$s right now . . .

Nah, doesnt sound like they are from that, just offering something else along those lines with a twist maybe?? Either way, you wont go far wrong with the dyne!

I was about to phone them up and give them an earful . . . I'd be upset if they stopped making it.

Oh well, I did email them about a month back telling them to make an amp like the 'dyne' but more 'roadster-esque' with independent channels as well as a stiletto-esque high gain channel. Oh, and 10watt options. =-/ This is before I realized that if I just hold on to my Dual, I have both amps I want.

LesMesa said:
dudleydawson said:
the impression i got was that a new amp would be released, similar to the Dyne, but with more features and a more modern voicing. wait - that kinda sounds like all the other mesa amps :?

Maybe the potential new release will be along the lines of the Express 5:50 vs 5:25.
My thoughts exactly. A Mark/Express with a more vintage voice, or a Dyne with a more modern voice? The Dyne is a breath of fresh air. It don't think it would serve Mesa to mess with its basic DNA.

I'd actually really be interested in a Dyne thats two channels and is footswitchable between modern or vintage. I'd also be into footswitchable loop.

theroan said:
I'd actually really be interested in a Dyne thats two channels and is footswitchable between modern or vintage. I'd also be into footswitchable loop.

The Dyne has three channels and it is footswitchable not only between Low Gain and High Gain, but also between the clean channel and the two gain channels.

The loop, however, is not footswitchable. So you still have something there to wish for. ;)

Really it's like trying to perfect boobs. You might be able to, but why would you want to try?

Latest posts

Back