Just got back from Ca. warning blatant name dropping!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndsquared

Reaction score
Hi kids, I just got bacj from my 17 day vacation in CA. HAd the chance toi visit Mike Bendinelli while he was converting my C to a C+...pretty cool! I got a pic of him working on it and he finished while I was there so we took it into the demo room and checked it out...MAN IT SMOKES! I just happened to have my guitar with me as I just played at a benefit gig in SF where I jammed with a bunch of old friends:Joe Satriani,Brad Gillis,Danny Chauncey and Marke Burgstahler...what a night!

Anyway, toured the factory had a ball!

Now I'm just waiting for the + to arrive and re-install it into my cabinet.
benefit3.jpg

sorry, ND-just did some research-hope all is well!!great story,and I wish you all the best-good luck and congrats-glad to have you on the board and honored to have you in our C+ hall of fame!your experiences will be a great addition to this board-looking forward to hearing from you
rock on!-LP

Man that is totally awesome. I am getting tickets to see Satriani and E Johnson for the Hendrix Experience show coming to Atlanta. Hope the benefit event went well, did some good. Did you get anything recorded of the benefit? Would make for a great post.

Yep--that is completely awesome...NO DOUBT! :wink:

All the Best,
~Nep~

Heritage Softail said:
Man that is totally awesome. I am getting tickets to see Satriani and E Johnson for the Hendrix Experience show coming to Atlanta. Hope the benefit event went well, did some good. Did you get anything recorded of the benefit? Would make for a great post.

There's a bit of video showing up on you tube...check under Slim's Benefit Nicholas DelDrago

JD said:
any chance of the pic of Mike B working on your amp

I took one with my cell phone, but was told I can't post anything on the net...I can tell you he's the nicest guy! I saw stuff just sitting around in the corners gathering dust we'd kill for!

lesterpaul said:
sweet....give us some background info/bio....hell, the most famous people I have jammed with aren't even famous :lol:

Ok...I'm 54 years old, I had testicular cancer last year...gave up one of the boys ( Lefty the "evil teste" that made me do all those bad things in the 80,s and 90,s) I'm fine nowafter the surgery and radiation ( no Chemo!) as a result of the medical bills my old friends in the bay area threw a benefit for me on JAnuary 31st at slim's in SF.JoeSatriani (w/ JEff and Stu) Billy Satellite w/ Danny Chauncey ( 38 Special) Monty Byrom (New Frontier Eddie Money) Mark McGee ( Vicious Rumors ,Luv Planet) Marke "Jellyroll" Burgstahler (sweetest slideon earth! Gregg Allman)

Any way, my connection with these guys is this: BAck in the 80's I worked at Leo's Music in Oakland CA.I played in a band called Metropolis ( our lead guitarist was Dwight Deveraux who founded and owns TonePros) We gigged around SF with a band called the Squares ...that featured Joe Satriani. I know Joe from the stage and the store

After Metropolis I played in the Debra Knox band in all the punk clubs (MAbuhay Gardens etc) Then I got a call from The Alameda Allstars to replace Brad Gillis who was going on tour w/ Ozzy ( Randy died) ...when I joined the band it was JEff Watson on guitar,Kelly KEagy on drums,Fitz on keys and PAul Wandolleck on bass...I asked when the rehearsals were, PAul said no rehearsals , just be at the club at 8:00! I guess you could say I learned to swim in the deepp end!

So, that's how I wound up with such awesome friends...I've been playing for 41 years, and I bet I can play slower than any man alive! (that's how you trade 8's with someone like Brad...let him burn and you play the slow sweet ones the chicks dig!)

That's me...just an old fart with some blind luck and a knack for tone....like my Boogie!

I own vicious,cycles wicked custom paint (http://www.viciouscycles.org) and you can find me on FaceBook...Nicholas DelDrago lots of pics of the Benefit and old big hair pics...also lot's of cool guitars I've painted and a bunch of me playing axes I wish I still had! Hit me up...let's be pals!
IMG

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz193/ndsquared/Slims%20benefit%20Concert%20January%2031%202010/meandjoerock.jpg

Hey guys - Marke "Jellyroll" Burgstahler here. Proud MKII C+ owner...

You guys shoulda heard Nicky's solo when he jammed with Joe. He just walked up to the edge of the stage, turned it up to Patent Pending, and SMOKED. :shock:

It was a special night of music for a special friend.

And now that special friend has a MKII C+!!! Yay!

Hey, Nick..I just checked out some of those videos on YouTube. That's some smokin' stuff right there man! I didn't see any with you jammin' with the Satchman, but it looks like that place was rumblin' that night!

Seriously, look at the fire fighters towards the end coming to put out the fire on everyones fretboards! :lol:

All the Best,
~Nep~

Latest posts

Back