Just bought a s/h Mark IV combo, please help.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benson

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've just bought a s/h Mark IV combo and have some questions which I'm really hoping some of you experienced people can help with ....

• Where can I find the serial number on it ?
    The manual states the psu has a connector for a 3 pin plug but my power cable is hard wired directly into the psu .. being in the UK, does this mean I may have bought an import with a different psu ?
    Inside the combo there is something in the bottom of the amp, wrapped in what looks like a type of material .. I'm sure this isn't the reverb tray but can anyone advise what it might be ? It doesn't appear to come out easily.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Tony

Check your chassis by the power transformer for the serial number.

My Mark IV has a hardwired power cable. Mine is a domestic (US) version of the Mark IVa.

If there is anything connecting that something wrapped in material to the chassis it is more than likely your reverb tank. Mesa has put their reverb tanks in bags.

They have put their footswitches in bags also, but your footswitch would be pretty large as your reverb tank would be smaller than the footswitch.

benson said:
Hi folks,

I've just bought a s/h Mark IV combo and have some questions which I'm really hoping some of you experienced people can help with ....

• Where can I find the serial number on it ?
    The manual states the psu has a connector for a 3 pin plug but my power cable is hard wired directly into the psu .. being in the UK, does this mean I may have bought an import with a different psu ?
    Inside the combo there is something in the bottom of the amp, wrapped in what looks like a type of material .. I'm sure this isn't the reverb tray but can anyone advise what it might be ? It doesn't appear to come out easily.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Tony

Your MK IV is one of the older versions where the power cord was not an IEC removable computer type. The serial number is on a sticker on the bottom of the chassis.

To be certain, your power transformer should have a part number of 561141 or 561137 for the export version.

The item in the bottom of the cabinet may be a reverb tank or a mummified Egyptian Pharaoh.

Cheers.

Man, I think someone robbed this grave. There was nothing in the bottom of mine when I got it....

Back