JP-2C - Totally blown away!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GJgo said:
Just remember, the easiest way to change tone is by rolling tubes. Even if it's just V1, different tubes totally change the character of an amp- and, you never know how till you try because they're all different.

Actually, after talking with Smitty I took the wheels off of my recto 2x12 cab and it made a *huge* difference. I played my Mark III most of the day just trying different settings. It's never actually felt this usable on all three channels with the same settings before and the lead tone really opened up a lot of solos.

This makes me want to revisit the Mark V. I have NEVER played one in a cabinet off of casters.

dlpasco said:
GJgo said:
Just remember, the easiest way to change tone is by rolling tubes. Even if it's just V1, different tubes totally change the character of an amp- and, you never know how till you try because they're all different.

Actually, after talking with Smitty I took the wheels off of my recto 2x12 cab and it made a *huge* difference. I played my Mark III most of the day just trying different settings. It's never actually felt this usable on all three channels with the same settings before and the lead tone really opened up a lot of solos.

This makes me want to revisit the Mark V. I have NEVER played one in a cabinet off of casters.

I'm glad it's working for you Daniel! The Mk V (specifically IIc mode) benefits from having the speaker cab on the floor. It just beefs up the low end.
One thing worth mentioning though is, when I gigged with the JP2C I ended up putting an isolation board under my 2x12 because the stage was wood and hollow underneath. The JP is already a thicker sounding amp...so the speaker cab coupled with the hollow wood floor actually made the amp TOO bassy and lacked definition.

If anyone is interested, I made a video comparing the speaker cab: on the floor, on wheels and on the isolation board. https://youtu.be/pZWDnu8Xxuk

Back