JJ KT77- Has Anyone Tried Them?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased them friday morning from Eurotubes and received it on saturday! Freaking fast! I put them in my Stiletto and noticed some interesting things. First off, the KT77's really help reduce the flubbiness and high shrill of the Stiletto. It also sounds better at louder levels than the E34L's, IMO. Here's what I think are the tonal differences.
1) It's not "quite" as lush and harmonic as the E4L's
2) It's a tad bit more "midrangey".

I actually think I like them a little bit better than the E34L's. It can't be my imagination, but they really helped to filter out a lot of the qualities of the Stiletto that give you "ear fatigue".

Hey Jackie thx for your post..Mine are also the smaller pin size, but I did as bob said and tightened my pin holders, so no problems.

I find the kt77 resonates at around 440hz which is that "chunk" they are described as having. I'd like to try some E34L's.

Jackie.. are all your comments E34L vs kt77's?
the KT77's really help reduce the flubbiness and high shrill of the Stiletto.

Surely the E34L's have less flubb then a kt77? can ya please give me some more details on your comparison. thx

Hi Shane, first off let me make myself clear. I AM NOT AN AUDIOPHILE OR AN EXPERT. This is what "appeared" to me when I was playing the KT77's. I swapped out the E34L's in my Stiletto and put them in. I changed nothing but the tubes (same settings). I noticed an immediate decrease in the ear piercing shrill of sound and flubbiness of the bass. I ALSO noticed that there was a little less harmonics and crunch. I was able to crank my Stiletto at louder levels because my ears wouldn't bleed at the super high shrill. Anyway, if anyone wants to buy my KT77's and lives in the San Diego area just let me know. I only bought them to hear how they sounded.

I think that the sockets in my Mark IV are getting loose because of the necessity to remove the power tubes to access the preamp tubes or remove the chassis. I still have 6L6GC 420s in there. I have had them in and out so many times it isn't funny. They slip right out now without much coaxing but then again I have the base type retainers. I was thinking about the spring type retainers but don't really care for them because I hate to hear them when I move the amp. I would consider them if they would be a better choice for a bottom mounting tube socket like in the Mark IV if anyone has positive things to say about them. I could take them out of one of the other heads I have because the others are of the top mounting tube socket persuasion. I tried to pinch down the base retainers and got a little more of a snug hold but the sockets themselves seem a little loose. I don't care to stick anything conductive in the amp so if anyone has any other suggestions for tightening the sockets other than a screwdriver let me know.

Actually Jackie PM me your # I am in Oceanside and would be interested in the KT-77s if you could offer a reasonable price. I could come and get them with cash.

Jackie..do you know the Kt77's have a "burn in time"? meaning, they will sound a bit Stiff at first then after roughly 5 hours of playtime they loosen up a little, and sound even better.

Im gunna email bob about the flub issue thx.

Back