Jewel light colors - whats yours?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some pics of blue led lights that I put in the back of my head...

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i69/MetalMatt02/Music%20Gear/

Again not the best pictures, but you get the idea. In person its WAY better. Enjoy!

MetalMatt said:
I have some pics of blue led lights that I put in the back of my head...

Thats look great! I did a similar thing with green leds - I had one of those Lazer LED packs that I put on the tube guard and pointed forward towards the front. How did you do yours? For power I put a molex connector on a 12v power supply and just ran it separately. How'd you do yours?

fredster,
Sorry for the wait...

I have it set up just like you, but I zip-tied everything to the bar, so I wouldn't void the warranty.
For the power I wired a 12v AC adaptor to a little transformer/switching relay thing that came with the lights. I had a problem, the lights cycled through blinking, sequential blinking, fade on and off. I had a guy bypass all that in the switching relay so they would stay lit.

I don't like the way its wired. I would like to find a way so it will run it off of the power cable, but thats not necessary. Or like the connectors that supply the pedals with power.

I put the purple one that I had on my Princeton Reverb, and later on my tweed Deluxe (5E3) clone, on my 1 day old 5:50 last night.

It was a perfect fit.

I put it on my main amp.

We'll see if it stays.

I've got a Traynor YCV-50 that has a yellow jewel lens but underneath instead of a lightbulb it has two LED's one yellow and one red, so when the amp is in standby the jewel is yellow and when it's on the jewel changes to red.

mine is a prototype "lava lamp" that works just like a lava lamp, as the internal plasma gets heated by the jewel lamp in the amplifier. groovy man!

thinskin57 said:
mine is a prototype "lava lamp" that works just like a lava lamp, as the internal plasma gets heated by the jewel lamp in the amplifier. groovy man!

No way!

t0aj15 said:
I've got a Traynor YCV-50 that has a yellow jewel lens but underneath instead of a lightbulb it has two LED's one yellow and one red, so when the amp is in standby the jewel is yellow and when it's on the jewel changes to red.

Very cool indeed.

LOL! i have to confess- i made it all up. when i saw this topic on the board, i just couldn't resist. wouldn't it be cool though if some boutique builder did it?

Where can you buy different color lights at? And how can you get lights where the tubes are like the link posted above?

order it from mesaboogie.com

go to the online store thats where I purchased mine Go to hardware and keep searching they have it.

konstantine RK said:
order it from mesaboogie.com

go to the online store thats where I purchased mine Go to hardware and keep searching they have it.
Can you post the exact link?

And where can you get the lights to make it light up ?

How do you go about putting the lights through the back to make it light up?

Back