I've come to an interesting conclusion about the MarkIIC+...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dodger916 said:
gts said:
kippiejr said:
Not an export. 100 tranny, smoothest C+ is have.
Huh?
dodger916 said:
Check out this thread; it's my C+ Boogiebabies is referring to.
Frank you forgot to include the link. ;-)
I have it bookmarked somewhere too but I'll let you post it. I don't want to search for it right now.

Doh! Thanks George. Earlier post corrected...

Don't tease Frank !!!! Even though you could..... And should......

The best sounding IIC+ I have ever heard is a IIA convert DRGX.
It's been willed to me so the rest of you can piss off !!!!
Another 30 years and it's mine. :mrgreen:

Boogiebabies said:
The best sounding IIC+ I have ever heard is a IIA convert DRGX.
It's been willed to me so the rest of you can piss off !!!!
Another 30 years and it's mine. :mrgreen:

Just out of curiosity, is there a final word on why the IIAs and IIBs aren't converted to IIC+ anymore? I spoke to Mike several years ago when I was looking for my first Mark series amp and he said he wasn't converting the IIBs anymore, and that was in 2004 or so...

I believe it's because there are no more Mark C preamp circuit boards. I think it's the RP11A but I'm not totally sure about that. The Mark ll C and the Mark ll C+ boards are the same but the A's and B's are different. I've heard it's too muck work and Mike B. won't do the conversion with the A's and B's. There has been claims of other amp techs doing a C+ upgrade on an A or a B but many a knowledgeable Boogie Board members have said it's not a true C+ , at least not in the two claims I've seen comments on.

Well, i have a chance to grab a IIC here in Brazil (yeah, they do appear from time to time!), serial number 11893 (and the owner is willing to trade it plus some cash for my IVA :D ).

I wonder if someone can send me the schematics to my amp tech perform the IIC+ mod, since im really dont wanna send my amp to the US back and forth and spent about 450usd in shipping (plus labour) only to have some solders made on her . . .

I sure most would say it has no effect or influence, but is the IIC
the only mk where the lead ch is split between two different tubes?
just saying .........

Back