Is the std thin cover std on Mesa/Boogie combos sufficient?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrxplayer

Reaction score
I just got an LSS. I gig twice a month and take the amp up and down somewhat narrow steps to get in and out of my house. Frankly the amp is also a little heavy for me.

Wondering whether those similarly situated replace the standard thin cover for a padded cover from one of the several cover manufacturers out there.

The new cordura covers are great for reducing scuffs and scrapes, and hold up well, but they will not do much to prevent dings and dents. I'm not sure the padded covers would be any better for that outside of relatively small bumps.

Thanks. My amp's an '06 and I think the fabric is less durable than cordura and other more modern cloths.

I had the "thin" cover for some of my Mesas and thought they an decent enough job. One of them, Triple Rec and matching 4x12 Recto Cab, I had for about 10 years I bet and gigged with it constantly. I assume it was the same type of cover you have. It always kept my amp looking like new! Although it wasn't all that amazing of a cover, it did the job well enough I thought. Toward the end there, they did start to fray and tear a bit, especially the one on the cab.

These days I have my Roadster in a road case... 100% protected, but it adds another 20lbs and makes it very very bulky to carry. I pretty much need to have another person to help move it around for any long distance, but it's going to remain in mint condition, so it's a trade-off I guess.

Latest posts

Back