Is the F-50 worth the 1K?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lespaulstandard

Reaction score
The title pretty much says it all.. I might be coming into about $1000 soon (selling a car) and I am looking for an amp.

I think it's one of the most versatile amps out there for $1000!! GREAT cleans and a very aggressive distortion with the contour on, and it's small enough to carry around without hurting your back but big enough to thump.

I think you'll find lots-o-love for the F-50, just don't get it in Pink Paisley :wink:

Id slap your grandmother for a F-50 in pink paisley!

Its definitley worth it though.

The F series are by far the best bang for your back out of any Mesa product arround right now.

I just bought one today, and while trying it through the 1x12 combo I was getting awesome tones just off of plugging in, then after tweaking it only got better. I brought it home and plugged it into my Mesa 4x12 and it sounded completely awesome. Definately an awesome buy...well worth it.

no soul said:
The F series are by far the best bang for your back out of any Mesa product arround right now.
Does that mean it is really heavy? :lol:
Here are some soundclips of the F-50:
http://www.scenerychannel.com/broadcast/Tommi%20Inkila%20-%20Building%20The%20Mood.mp3
http://www.scenerychannel.com/broadcast/Tommi%20Inkila%20-%20Seveno.mp3

I don't have one but they sound awesome!

aenigma said:
no soul said:
Does that mean it is really heavy? :lol:

heh, oooops

they are really heavy...
well my F-100 2x12 combo is.

The **** thing weighs more than either of my Marshall 4x12 cabs, but go figure..

absolutly! the f-series is a great amp. great cleans and classic boogie crunch and lead. i've been using my buds f-50 1x12 since it kinda lives here, i like to call it the halfstack killer ;) you won't be dissapointed

Well here in the UK, it's over 1K Pounds Sterling, making it more expensive than much of the European competition: Marshall, ENGL, Koch etc., and I STILL thought it was worth it. It was the sound I had been looking for, and I'm still ravin' about my favourite Boogie almost three years later. :lol:

Big smiles,

Andy.

P.S. I have some further F-50 clips in this thread in the Rigs & Tones section

Dann'sTheMan said:
Well here in the UK, it's over 1K Pounds Sterling, making it more expensive than much of the European competition: Marshall, ENGL, Koch etc., and I STILL thought it was worth it. It was the sound I had been looking for, and I'm still ravin' about my favourite Boogie almost three years later. :lol:

Id take it over a Marshall thats easy.
If was playing metal still, the ENGL would be tempting.
Koch is pretty nice though.

They are definately good amps. Very loud, too. That is why I am selling my F-50 combo. The same bang for less buck. Drope me a line if you are interested.
Mike
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back