is diezel a lot better than mesa? absolutely not

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overture2005

Reaction score
here is a diezel herbie video clip for you guys. the dirt channel just sounds like a wicked rectifier IMO(maybe coz of fender guitar?). and the clean tone does not impress me much, I'd rather to go for a cheap fender for clean. for sure it's a good amp, but WAY too expensive and not worth it in my opinion! roadking rules~ mesa rules~ for the price, mesa amps are the best quality we can get.

http://www.marcseal.com/marcumentary/episode2.wmv

I think it has a pretty neat distortion. I don't fancy the clean, but that's because of the effects put on.

But rather expensive. But I'd buy it if I could. In comparison of what my single rec. costs in DK, it is not that much more money for a Diezel, which has more features and a different sound (not necessarily better, just different - gee I can never spell that word)

Who is that joker on the video?

- Clean sounds so-so
.. Dirty sounds quite nice...
As compared to a recto however, well... My dual recto is 2 months away... **** slow international shipping...

poeple are still writing that bullshit? i thought it went out of style 10 years ago...i KNEW there was a reason i stopped listening to the radio; alas, its the diezel jerking 'rocker'.

I've got a rig thats similar to his.... rocktron xpression, but with a Road King. Looking at the price of the head on the net, I don't think i'd be able to justify the extra expense.

Now the RoadKing isn't exactly a cheap amp but....

I don't think he's getting any better tone/features/headroom etc to justify 3100 (used) to 4100 new on the head when i spent just under 3200 on the Roadking and matching 4x12 cab.

Its not better or worse by any measure, just different. I love Mesa, but Im sorry, they are not the end of all for tone. There are certain sounds out there that you are just going to have to look to different companies to get, not even roadking can cover everything.

If you want to make the argument about what you get for the money, well thats a different story. Even with that in mind, Mesa is not the end of all.

If I had the money, Id probably have a Diezel. As well as a Bogner, Soldano, and a few others. But you know what? Id still have my Mesas. Heck Id probably have more than I have now.

no soul said:
Its not better or worse by any measure, just different. I love Mesa, but Im sorry, they are not the end of all for tone. There are certain sounds out there that you are just going to have to look to different companies to get, not even roadking can cover everything.

If you want to make the argument about what you get for the money, well thats a different story. Even with that in mind, Mesa is not the end of all.

If I had the money, Id probably have a Diezel. As well as a Bogner, Soldano, and a few others. But you know what? Id still have my Mesas. Heck Id probably have more than I have now.

Wasn't really trying to say they are the "Only tone needed" :)

I'd love to have a Bogner Ecstacy or Uberschall, and maybe a couple of the old vintage Marshall's etc...

I think what I was getting at was that Diezel may be a little greedy, or a little too proud of their product :shock:

It's funny how prices get turned around over the Atlantic. In the states the price for a marshall is way up high, and a Mesa is somewhat cheaper. Well in Europe that is exactly the other way around. And also, a Diezel is about 10.000 DKR cheaper than a Road King. That's 1697$ cheaper.

Demon Cleaner said:
It's funny how prices get turned around over the Atlantic. In the states the price for a marshall is way up high, and a Mesa is somewhat cheaper. Well in Europe that is exactly the other way around. And also, a Diezel is about 10.000 DKR cheaper than a Road King. That's 1697$ cheaper.

Wow thats different isnt it!
Are Diezels made in Europe?

Cleans were average.

Channel 2 sounded really nice in both the low gain and high gain modes (especially high gain mode).

I thought channel 3 sounded like **** for his rhythm tone. Really scooped and just the standard stuff that you hear out of dropping mids low on any amp. His lead sound was pretty nice though, especially when he started doing that Jason Becker tune.. Serrena, I believe?

I still want to try a Herbie in person, and a VH4S and an Uberschall, and an XTC, and some CAE stuff, and a Framus Cobra, and a Framus Dragon and... and... and... :lol:

I have a Diezel Herbert and have owned a VH4 as well. I think the clean tone is really nice on the Herbert. It's like a fuller sounding Fender Twin Reverb with lots of that snappy high end that a Fender has.

As far as the high gain tones, well those are really nice as well. It's a very big, fat and greasy tone.

I saw that video and I thought his tone was a little too scooped out as well on some of his metal rhythm stuff he was doing. I don't use that much of the Mid-Cut when I have that engaged.

If one were to ask me about the Herbert, I would tell them that it's the best multi-channel amplifier that I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

Dale

the Uberschall is a pretty neat amp. For heavy riffing I really dont think it can be beat. Its so increadibly full and clear sounding. However for leads I think your average Mesa smokes it EASILY.

no soul said:
the Uberschall is a pretty neat amp. For heavy riffing I really dont think it can be beat. Its so increadibly full and clear sounding. However for leads I think your average Mesa smokes it EASILY.

I have to agree with you here. Actually, I'm not that big a fan of the Uber over other amps. I tend to think the VHT UL100 runs right over the Uber for heavy riffing, but I realize that's a matter of preference.

Grandor said:
Demon Cleaner said:

Wow thats different isnt it!
Are Diezels made in Europe?

Yep, Germany or Austria or somewhere like that :)

Adam said:
no soul said:

I have to agree with you here. Actually, I'm not that big a fan of the Uber over other amps. I tend to think the VHT UL100 runs right over the Uber for heavy riffing, but I realize that's a matter of preference.

The UL is a beauty. Id take both. 8)

Latest posts

Back